vi : the invitation

One of the things Reina dreaded about school was the early wake up.  During the summer break, she finally had the chance to sleep in, and go to bed at whatever time she'd liked. It was only the second day, and her sleep clock was still completely messed up. Reina had gotten used to waking up at 4:00pm and going to bed at 5:00am.

  Therefore, it took her a good half an hour to build up the will to get out of bed, after smashing her snooze button about 4 times. Her parents were already off to work, so the house was all hers.

  She took a long, hot shower, almost falling asleep in the process. The only thing that kept her from actually sleeping, was the fact that she was singing groggily, in a thin, faint voice. 

  Her phone kept buzzing, like usual, as she put on her uniform. Today was a bit colder than yesterday, so she remembered to wear a long sleeves vest with the navy blue blazer.

  "Shit," she cursed aloud, checking the time. She hadn't even eaten and done her hair, and she had 10 minutes until the bus arrived.

   Groaning aloud, she decides to save some time by just brushing her hair and leaving down, for minimal effort. She was humming the lyrics to Apologize by One Republic, and after managing to brush her teeth, she grabbed her school bag that was all ready outside her front door and slung it across her shoulder. 

  Reina checked the time.

  She had two minutes.

  That was just enough time for her to head outside, walk down her front lawn, and reach the bus stop. 

  She was thankful she had reached the bus in time, and as she got on the bus, she was happy things were starting off on a good note.

***

"Hellooo Reina!" Minji shouted from her seat, her hair down in a similar fashion as Reina's. Minji , her fire-engine red bow poofing out from her collar.

  "Hey." Reina told her, sitting down in the seat beside her. "You seem in a good mood today," she teased.

  Minji's ears turned a slight shade of pink. "Of course! After what happened yesterday... anyone would be in a good mood..." she admitted. sweeping her hair nervously over her shoulder.

  Reina chuckled under her breath. "Right, I guess so!" Reina told her, glancing at her phone, and at all the notifications.

  "Jeez Reina, check your phone more often." Minji told her, leaning towards Reina.

   Reina sighed and nodded. "I know, I should check it more often, but I'm too lazy to keep doing streaks and answering messages. "

  Minji snorted jokingly , and rolled her eyes. "Wow, what a buzzkill."

  Reina simply nodded, and became quiet.

  The rest of the bus ride was them enjoying the silence in the bus. They both listened to music , as they approached the school's bus stop.

***

  "I'm so tired, I barely got any sleep last night," Olivia told their group of friends, which had surrounded the front garden,

  Cameramen were constantly rushing through the campus, with all their equipment. It created even more chaos during the morning than usual.

  Reina nodded, shifting her feet anxiously. "My sleep schedule is all messed up. I hate it."

  Suddenly, she felt a soft poke on the back, to which she turned around to face George, and Reina couldn't help but feel pins and needles around her  whole body. He was being followed by a group of five or six girls who looked and acted just as obnoxious.