Chapter 1

New town is a start to new beginnings, or at least hope that's how it would work out. Life's been interesting so far. It's Not fair and would say not as lucky but interesting. There are a lot of obstacles that me and Mom have been through. Hopefully we can start fresh, like our lives have been reborn or more so recreated.  As we unloaded our boxes into the new house, the grand thought of  'I guess I'm not making any friends any time soon' began to play in my brain. As my mom helped me move the couch , then the television, and soon enough I finally set up my room. It kind of already started to feel like home. 

Fast forward a couple weeks have passed and life's been pretty good. I mean all I do is play basketball and play video games. Go to school come home and do some chores and finally sleep. You see, you'd think starting a new school would be different but its not. Everyday is the same. Over and over again, something just told me that I wanted something different.

Cool crisp breeze blows across my face when the buss doors open. I survived the 100th day of new and not so improved high school. When I get home I smell the perfume that reminds me of a old garage sale. Then it hit me, I know that smell from just about anywhere.  My Aunt Claire must of of came over.  Her sent of cheap grandma perfume lingers in the air as if she didn't leave to long before I came. As I pulled out my phone I read the text that I did not see before I got off the bus. mom saying "Aunt Clair got you a surprise!" Well not to bust anyone's bubble, but being a normal teen I wasn't exactly excited to see what Aunt Claire got me. One time for Christmas , she got me a Toy shark that had a laser on top and yes that actually exists. Only aunt Clair would find a gift like that. Who knows what it'll be this time? A cheap piece of plastic from another garage sale? I don't want to imagine anything worse. Don't get my started on her "fluzzy socks" more like rubbing poison oak on your poor feet. As I put my backpack down in my room upstairs, I had to walk back down the stairs all over again. As I make my way downstairs into the living room my Mom was sitting on the couch. "You ready?" My mom smiled wide and handed me a laptop. 'Who uses these anymore?' I thought to myself. "Well honey it's all yours! Now you can do projects and other homework!" She was very excited for me so I smiled. "Yeah.. uh mom thanks. This is really awesome." I nod as very quickly walk out of the living room and try to hustle up the stairs as fast as possible. As I almost make it up the stairs to my room my mom called out "Hey! Aunt Claire didn't have time to refresh the computer.There are some old files on that computer! So don't worry about them." Finally as she finished her sentence I went into my room and shut the door. I carefully fast walked to my desk space , Opened the laptop and began to find interest in it. The laptop was older but , I enjoyed some of the old games that were programmed into it. As a geek about technology I love putting some codes and stuff and seeing how the computer worked. Guess Aunt Clair thought about her geeky nephew when she didn't need it any more.

I heard a knock on my door. I realized I've been in a daze into this new toy that I suddenly lost track of time. I looked to my left out my window, it's already dark. "Hun? You alright in there?"  "Yeah mom ! Come in...". As my mom stepped into the room she smiled and looks at the laptop and back at me. "Well! You like it?" And in all honestly it was very interesting to see a different model of a laptop than I'm used to. It was great to see the types of old fashioned games and such. " Yeah, thanks mom." I smirked as my moms eyes filled with excitement for me. "I'm so thrilled to hear!" Thrilled? That's a word that I haven't heard my mom say in years. "Dinner is ready , its in the fridge when you want to get it!" She skips out of my room and closes my bedroom door quietly and goes down the stair case. My mom is a big enough of a dork if you ask me. She handed it right down to me. Her dorky , strange , type of a son. Guess everyone has a cool card when they need it and I guess we can be way to cool. That is all sarcastic, we are pure dorks. Me and my mom are some of the dorkiest people alive sometimes. Then I remembered moms words. "Their are some old files! Don't worry about them!" Worry? Why would I? I would never though of them if she never said anything. As I when to the files in the computer something appeared on my screen. "Huh? What is this?" I clicked around the screen as soon as it made a strange noise came from the computer. I jumped as an icon appeared on my screen as it read , Welcome.