Chapter 10

I shook Nico awake.  He shoot up in a panic.  "What?  Whatever it is, I can most likely kill it." 

I nearly drag him off the bed and up the stairs.  Just as I was about to break the door down, I hear voices on the other side.  One is Chiron.  "Now Connor, you will go back to your cabin.  And don't, stop at the Demeter cabin on the way."

I hear Connor groan and Chiron walking away.  Once I can't hear Chiron anymore,  I knock lightly on the door.  "Connor?  Helllooo?" I whisper.

I hear someone on the other side of the door.  "Yeah?  Is this a magical elf or something."  He answers from the other side of the door. 

I have a feeling he is pressing his ear against the door so I slam my fist into the wood as hard as I can at approximately the spot I think his ear would be.  "Ow!"

"No Connor, you moron.  It's Leigh and Nico.  Could you let us out? "  I asks sweetly. 

The door swings open.  Connor stand there holding his ear.  "Couldn't you just open it yourself?"  He asked, runbing his ear. 

"It was locked."  Nico says from behind me.

Connor frowns.  "No it wasn't." 

"How long has Octavian been down there?"  I ask stepping out of the stairwell. 

"The freaky Roman dude?"  Connor closes the door behind Nico. 

"Yeah.  They one I beat up too."  I say proudly.

"You beat him up? That's awesome!" Connor grins.

"Yeah I know right!  She was all like BAM! Awesomeness!   BAM! Coolness!"  Nico starts to get really enthusiastic. 

"Did she punch him?" Connor beggings to hop up and down happily.

"Yeah!  Right in the nose!  I think she broke it!"  Nico smiles for the first time on awhile. 

"Wow!  Did she-!" I cut Connor off as I press a hand over his mouth. 

"Yes I did.  And if you don't shut up, i'll do it to you too."  I raise an eyebrow.

"Ah.  Perfect, miss Kain."  I hear Chiron from behind me.  I turn and see him standing there with the tiny Kara beside him. 

"Really?" I put my hands on my hips.  "You keep demigods captive in your basement?" 

"The door wasn't locked. I am impressed you figured it out that quickly."  He says calmly.

"Connor helped." I take my hand off of Connor's mouth and wipe it on my pants.  "How long has Octavian been down there?" 

At that moment the door burst open behind us and Octavian stumbles out.  "Ha! I did it!" 

I turn to raise an eyebrow at him.  He cowers when my eyes meet his.  I turn back to Chiron who is in the middle of rolling his eyes.  Chiron settles his eyes back on me and puts a hand on Kara's shoulder.  "Kara, these two here," He says pointing at Nico and I.  "Are your closest cousins. This is Nico, son of Hades and Leora, daughter of Posiedon."  He nudges her forward gently.  

"You two are in charge of her until further instruction.  You will be leading her to all of her activities, do you understan me?"  Chiron asks.

I try not to let out a sigh of exasperation.  "Ok.  Let's go."  I wave for Kara to follow and we head out the door.  "Nico can we make a stop at cabin three? I would like to put something a little... warmer on."

"Sure."  Nico nods. 

Once inside, I grab one of Percy's blue hoodies and pull it over my head.  I am imediatly surrounded in warmth.  I quickly scribble a little note: Borrowed a sweater again.  Hope you don't mind! :3 Leigh

I don't even know if he will ever see it but it makes me feel a little bit better.  I quickly slip on some dark blue skinny jeans and a pair of socks.  My feet are cut up but I choose to ignore that.  I finally pull on the worn-in leather ankle boots Annabeth gave me last year and return to join my cousins outside. 

"Ok.  Where to first?"  I ask Kara.

She shrugs. 

"How about we go get her a weapon first?"  Nico suggests softly. 

"Alright.  This way to cabin nine."  I say and start walking towards the Hepheastus cabin. 

Nico runs to catch up to me.  "Leigh maybe we shou-" 

"Listen Nico, I appreciate your concern, but I promise you I'm fine."  I barely look at him.  I know the way he felt towards Percy and he was able to go to the Poseidon cabin with breaking down.  And on top of all that, he has been hanging around me, and I know I look almost exactly like Percy, only my hair is a few shades lighter and I'm a girl. 

We arrive at cabin nine and I knock on the door.  It swings ooen and Nyssa stands in the doorway.  "That's the first time you knocked." She points out raising an eyebrow. 

"Nice to see you too." I sad adding a little bit of sass to my tone.  "We have someone here who needs a weapon." I nod down towards Kara. 

Nyssa bends sown sonshe is at Kara's level.  "I know exactly the weapon you need."  She says before disappearing into the cabin.  Nyssa comes back a few minutes later holding a celestial bronze whip.  She presses it into Kara's hands.  "Ok bye." She slams the door in our faces. 

"Now can we bring her to training?" I ask Nico. 

"Whatever floats your boat."  He answers with a sign. 

I look down at Kara.  "Let's go."