Chapter 16

She swings the door open.  "Is Percy alright?" She demands. 

She pulls me inside.  "Yes, he's fine."

"And Annabeth?"  She seems paranoid that something might have happened to them. 

"Yes, she's fine too."  I nod hesitantly. 

She looks relieved but confused.  "Why are you here then?  I assume your a child of Hermes, here to bring me a message, right?" 

"Actually..."  I hesitate,  wondering if I should tell her.  "I ran away."

"And why would you come here?"  She asks.  Realisation dawns on her face.  "You're Leigh, aren't you?" 

I step back.  "Yes. I'm sorry.  I should go." 

But thats when she wraps her arms around me.  "You look so much like your father."  She starts to fawn over me.  "How long do you want to stay?" 

"Well... I didn't expect you to offer for me to stay."  I shift uncomfortably.

"Well, you can." She smiles kindly.  "You're almost family." 

"Thank you."  I half smile.  "Maybe a few nights..."  "Yes thats fine!" She says happily.  

I take a deep breath as she leads me to the guest room.  I have a week at most before someone figures it out or Percy comes home from  Camp.   Then I will need to find a job and a home. 

This is going to be more complicated than I thought.

I'd better get started.