I Am Only Yours

Ana sat on the bed in the middle of the beautiful studio condo that Bruce had rented for them for the past five years. This condo held some of the best memories she had; the room held the whispers of loving words they had spoken to each other and the musky scent of their naked bodies moving as one. Her eyes stung with tears as she imagined their last tense meeting.

She had to get him back.

Luckily she had been presented with the perfect opportunity by none other then Joker's right hand man. She had been trying to figure out how to get her husband to go along with her, without all his men and weapons when Jonny had called her-Harley Quinn wanted in on the plan; and she had the perfect idea to get Ana's husband off his guard

She had never been so glad that so many people hated her husband.

She had also acquired a picture from Jonny that she felt was important to show Bruce. She hoped the combination of the aspect of her husband being gone forever and the impact of the picture would be enough to remind him how much they loved each other; how much she needed his forgiveness.

She watched as the door opened, the tears spilling out of her eyes and down her cheeks. She watched Bruce walk in, his face somber and his steps quiet against the plush carpet.

Bruce looked back at the woman who watched him across the room; the woman he loved

Bruce looked back at the woman who watched him across the room; the woman he loved. As angry and hurt as he felt right now, he still loved her and it pained him to see the tears cascading down her beautiful cheeks. He hadn't wanted to meet her; he knew all the love he felt for her would come flooding back, but the desperation in her voice when she asked to see him was too much for him to say no to.

"Ana." He said in a cold voice. The uncaring feeling behind the word, making the tears stream down Ana's face harder.

"Bruce." She said in a choked voice, standing up on shaking legs. "Thank you for meeting me."

Bruce gave a small nod.

"I just...I just...I miss you, Bruce!" She sobbed out; embarrassed by her own weakness and tears. "I needed to see you. Thank you so much for agreeing." She added, wiping a tissue across her mascara-stained eyes.

Bruce nodded again, taking a step towards her. "What did you need to talk about, Ana?"

"What if we could finally be together, Bruce? Really together? No more hiding and sneaking around."

Bruce raised his eyebrows in surprise. "What?"

"What if I knew that my husband had gotten himself into a bad deal; that he had wronged some people who aren't going to stand for it? You are a moral, good man, Bruce; would you be able to look the other way?"

Ana started crying harder as Bruce just stood frozen, staring at her, not uttering a word.

"Please, Bruce...could you look the other way if it meant being with me?" She brought her hands up to cover her sobbing eyes. "I know what I did was wrong Bruce, but I need you to forgive me. We can finally be together and I need you...I am nothing without you."