Hell of A Meeting

Roy and I were on our usual night patrol. We were tracking this gang who had been causing trouble all around Gotham. We were on top of a building next to this apartment with a garden rooftop. Just then, I saw this young lady in a knee length, green dress entering the garden while reading a novel. Reading enthusiast, huh? My tracking device beeped. The gang was coming to the garden.
"Get ready, Roy. They're coming," I said to Roy.
"How bout the girl? She gonna be in danger," Roy said.
"We'll handle that," I said. Then came the gang looking around the rooftop. The lady looked startled and stood up nervously.
"Look what we have here," one of them said.
"Well, should we rob her house? By forcing her," one of them said.
"Please, I have nothing. I'm not lying. I do not have anything except for books. Unless you love reading," the lady said.
"Avid reader, huh?" Roy said to me. I smirked.
"Don't play the fool with us, woman. Take us to your house," one of them said.
"Not on your life, fat idiot," the lady said.
"Gotcha," I said as I stood facing them from the opposite building aiming a M&P Combat 22 to the leader's head. The lady looked at me in awe. I think it's the gun. Chicks dig weapons.

*Time Skip*

"Thank you...for, uhm, saving me?" the lady said to me.
" You're welcome. Is that supposed to be The Tale of Two Cities you're reading?" I asked pointing at her book.
"Yes. Have you read it before?" she asked looking very interested.
"Yes, I have. I do prefer fantasy though, such as-"
"Jaybird, quick please. We have some dudes to handle here," Roy said.
"Sorry, but I'll have to go now. Good night and watch out for the bad guys," I said and joined Roy. The lady just stood there and finally went inside.
"Jaybird, you look immersed.....into the girl," Roy said.
"No....just that she reminded of the days before being Red Hood. When I had so much time reading," I said.
"Well, try getting her number or go meet her just to read then," Roy said.
"Arsenal, we need to take this guys right now. No time to talk bout books," I said.
"Okay, but I'm still demanding you to meet her again," Roy said. I rolled my eyes.