Bittersweet

📚Denaira

I laid myself down on my bed with my book next to me. I looked through the window while lying down and expected to see the red headed man. I'm pretty sure he had left. He saved me so that makes him my hero. A cool hero. I turned off the lamp and went to bed. Can't wait to go to Gotham Public Library tomorrow.

*Time Skip*

⚔️ Jason

I had to wake up and go to Gotham Public Library since Roy demanded me to because it's been so long since I even read a book. So I needed to chill out with a book. Plus, Roy said I might be able to meet the lady I met yesterday so, high chances I might. I got dressed and ready to go.

*Time Skip*

Now, I'm standing in front of the once called paradise again. Good to be back. Noises of kids running outside and then inside, chasing for books with a librarian telling them to stop. Just then, Roy's advice actually worked. I saw the lady. The librarian. God, she looked much more beautiful than I saw her yesterday. Wavy, long, shiny, black hair. Naturally tanned skin, tall yet petite and fit. She wore a white knee length dress with a brown cardigan. Classic girl. Which means pretty in my dictionary.
"Fernandez, please stop running around the library this instant. You're annoying the people here," she said to one of the kids.
"You too, Rodriguez," she said to the boy fighting for the book with his friend.
"Shall I call Miss Patricia or not?" she asked and the kids stopped what they're doing and looked at her.
"Made your decision?" she asked them.
"Don't call Miss Patricia. Please. Pretty please," one of them said while the others pouted.
"Okay but under one condition. Don't annoy the people," she said and they nodded.
"Good. Now, go take a book and read. Rodriguez, we follow first come first serve basis. Go get another book. You can always borrow that book when he's done," she said with a smile. The boy nodded and went to the children's section for books.
"Good morning, sir. Looking for a book?" she asked looking at me.
"Uhm, yeah. What do you recommend for someone who like fantasy?" I asked.
"Well, that's a big genre. But I do recommend any of Tolkien's books," she said with a smile.
"I read them all," I answered. She looked at me in awe.
"That's....brilliant. I have only finished a few, honestly," she said.
"Well, unless you're not busy then you might be able to finish them all," I said with a smile. Her smile is like a sonic boom.
"You have a lot of fantasy books here. I don't think any of them will bore you," she said.
"Which ones have you read?" I asked.
"A lot. Famous ones that you can name," she said.
"That's a lot then," I said.
"Yes but I don't only stay in fantasy genres. Try new genres," she said.
"What do you recommend then?" I asked looking interested.
"Any of Dan Brown's books. Also any of the classics," she said.
"Okay then. Take me to the classics section," I said and she took me there. As expected there were a lot of books. Tonnes of them.
"You've got a lot of choices here," she said.
"DENAIRA! Please ask this kids to get out of my office!" a lady yelled and I guessed that that was Miss Patricia.
"You know where to find me if you wanna borrow a book," she said and left me with thousands of books.
"Denaira, nice name. Book genius, I guess," I said to myself and started going through the books on the shelf. Finally, I chose one. A book called The Great Gatsby. I walked to the librarian and waited for her to type down my name in the computer.
"Your name, please?" she asked.
"Jason. Jason Todd," I said.
"Done. Return the book in two weeks," she said with a smile.
" Bye Denaira. Nice name, by the way," I said and she smiled. I did mean it. It sounded nice saying "Naira".
"Goodbye. And enjoy the book, Jason!" she exclaimed with a big smile as I left. I got on my bike and headed back home.