Hello, again

📚Denaira

It was Saturday and finally I got a break from working although I did enjoy being at the library. Enjoying the hot chocolate in a cafe with a book in my hand. I took a sip of the hot chocolate and continued reading.
"What book is it this time?" the barista asked while brewing the coffee.
"Dracula. My favourite," I answered with a smile.
"I guess it's impossible to find someone who would fully distract you from your books," he said.
"That day will never come," I said.
"Who knows?" he said and I continued reading my book again. Just then, I heard a familiar voice.
"Can you get me one hot chocolate with cream and one white chocolate mocha also with cream?" the man said.
"Yes, sir. It will be ready in five minutes," the barista said. It was the guy called Jason and a red haired dude next to him. He didn't notice me. Yet, I guess. I continued reading my book but somehow I can't. I was hoping he would notice me.

⚔️Jason

I took the tray and went to an empty table along with Roy and enjoyed our drinks.
"Have you ever wanted to live in a land full of whip cream?" Roy asked.
"No, but it's still tasty," I said.
"By the way, did you notice something as we ordered for our drinks?" Roy asked.
"The amount of whip cream?" I asked.
"No. The pretty, bookworm lady," he said and I looked around and saw her. Reading a book while taking a sip of her drink. She does have a good sense of style. Not that I am good at it but I just like looking at girls in that kind of style. Messy hair bun, oversized shirt, yoga pants and sneakers. Laid back style. I like it.
"Hey, stop staring," Roy snapped.
"Like her style," I said.
"You know, you have the chance to talk to her you know," Roy said.
"Yeah, right. She's gonna think I'm stalking her or something," I said.
"Yeah, right. As if she's gonna notice. Look how deep she's into that book," he said.
"That's why I shouldn't disturb," I said.
"Bookworms most of the time are introverts. They love deep talks. You can talk to her bout the books you've read," Roy said.
"I'm not sure bout-" Roy took my drink and held it.
"Go talk or I'm drinking this up," he said. For the sake of the hot chocolate, I walked up to her.
"That's my boy," I heard Roy say. I stood at her table and started to speak.
"Hey, hello. Denaira," I said.
"Oh, hey, Jason. I remember," she said smiling. You know the happy feeling you get when someone remembers your name. Yeah. She remembers.
"I just saw you just now and came to say hi," I said. I ruined it. It's so hard to start a conversation with a girl I just met.
"Well, that's sweet. Have you read the book you borrowed yet?" she said.
"Yeah. Interesting actually," I said as I pulled out the chair and sat. It was gonna be a long talk.

*Time Skip*

I spent an hour talking to Denaira and discovered Roy dozing off with two empty glasses. I didn't care about the drink anymore.
"I'll see you soon, Denaira," I said.
"Sure. Can't wait," she said and exited the cafe. Roy woke up.
"Asking you to talk to her was a bad idea," Roy said.
"Sorry, Roy. It's fun talking to her. Not just bout books," I said.
"You guys dating yet?" he asked.
"What? No. Of course not," I said flustered.
"Ask her out the next time you meet her," Roy said.
"If the situation is okay," I said.

📚Denaira

After all those years, finally someone who got me interested to talk to. Well, Jason was cute. And nice. And gentlemanly. Which I loved in every man. And he was sweet and all. And dreamy, and argh. He's okay, I think. I'm hoping I will not think that much of him because when I do, there's a chance I'm falling in love.