Chapter Two

I am here with my friend's house now, just in the neighborhood, ranting and screaming in frustrations.  I truly wanted to go back to college.  I already regretted the time I wasted in my previous school for not taking school seriously.  But this time, I want to finish my studies and hopefully find a good job in other country, far from my drunkard of a father.

"C'mon Gwyn, why don't you try going to that University.  Give it a chance, besides, you have your cousins there, for sure they will help you adjust."  Nej, my friend, tried to make me see some sense.

"You know I am not good in dealing with people.  You know how I usually react to others who easily judged me."  Yeah, I know, very poor excuse.

"Yeah, yeah, I get that.  But you need to learn to adjust to other people Gwyn and your father doesn't give you much of a choice, right?  So just grab that one.  You'll be studying in one of the high standard school in the country and you'll be out of your father's radar."  She's pretty good at convincing me 'cause I already started seeing the perks of being far from my father.

"What if I won't pass?  What if I won't qualify to the course I wanted to take?  What if I can't find some friends in there?"  I have a lot of what if's in my mind and that's what holding me right now.

"But what if you will?  And if ever you can't qualify with your choice of course, you can always try to take up other course and do your best to pass so you can still have a chance in taking your desired course."  I didn't answered her and just tried to let her words sink in.

"You know your father is right when he said that your friends at school are no good for you.  Yeah, they might be a good friend, but then again, they're good for your studies.  It became too easy for you to ditch class and drop your subjects and a true friend won't let you do that, not tolerate you." 

"I know, though I admit that those times when I ditch class, it's my choice and my decision, not theirs."  I feel obligated defending my friends because I know that I should be responsible for my actions and it's not right to blame them since they haven't force me into doing such thing.

"So, why don't you try talking to your father again and told him that you agreed with him."

"No way!"  I immediately answered.

"Yes you have.  You need to let him know."

"I'll tell my mom and she'll be the one to him that.  I don't need to talk him about that."

"Fine...now, go."  Nej dismissed me.  I started walking back to our house but when I am almost there, I was having cold feet, so instead, I turn the other way and decided to go to my cousin's house to talk or maybe just to share my troubles.

My cousin's house was just a few minutes ride, her name is Maeve by the way and she's my closest cousin so far.  She is five years older than me and she's the only one who truly understand me, my thoughts, my feelings, and everything.

"Hey!  What brought you here?"  I haven't realize I am already standing near their door until she spoke to me.

"Hey Maeve.  Just wanted someone to talk to."  I said directly.  No need to pretend in front of her because she knows me like the back of her hand.

"What about?  You have a problem?  Does your father allowed you to go back to school?"  She asked non-stop.  Yeah, that's what she is.  She lead me upstairs and there, we watch some movie and while she's waiting for me to talk.

"Yeah he did."  I answered softly not wanting to go further.

"So?  How was it?"  She asked excitedly.  I know she also want me to go back to school and have a life.

"Well, he allowed me to go back to school but on the condition that I'll enroll at MSU, where Devie and Nic are."  Surely she can hear the frustration in my voice.

"So?  Why don't you?  That's a nice University.  Though I know you like it here, but I think you need to do what he wants just so you can go back to school."

"But you know me Meave, I am not good at dealing and handling people.  I'll just find it hard to adjust and besides, that school has a pretty high standard, what if I can't reach it?"  I tried to make her understand because I know, if there's someone who will dare to talk to my father about what I think, it's her.  She might help me convince him to just let me stay.

"I understand you Gwyn, but sometimes, you also need to adjust for the world, it's not always the people around you who will do the adjustment, you also have to do it, for yourself."

"But I really wanted to study HRM here, my friends are here."  I am starting to get riled up in frustration.

"Yes, your friends are here, but the last time you go to school with them, you ended up ditching and dropping your subjects."  She said sternly.

"But I won't do that this time.  I'll promise to do good in my studies, I wanted to graduate."  I am already feeling so hopeless now.

"Ok, I'll try to talk to your father when he comes here, but I won't promise you that I can change his mind."  She said softly, I know she understands me.  She herself has her own share of rebelliousness during her college days.

"Fine.  I wish you could change his mind."  I said absently, though deep inside, I already have a feeling that nothing she says will change my father's mind.

------------------------------------------------------

That's chapter two guys.  Please vote and comment. 

A/N:

You might get confused with the name of some places in this story, but I want to clarify it to you that this story is being plot here in my country, The Philippines, so many of you might not familiar with the location.  Though I haven't revealed so much places yet.

As I've said, this is partly a true story so the names and places that appear in this story is being changed to keep the identity of the characters (though there's some hint in there as to who they are :-). 

Some scene also are being improvised, some of the character's personality are being changed, a bit of course.  Again, there will be a lot of swearing and cursing in the next chapter, so read at your own risk.

Keep on reading!

-- RL --