Chapter Four

"I'm so sorry Gwyn, I tried but he has already fixed his mind," said Maeve with a gloomy face. I have already expected this news from her, but still, it stung.

"It's ok Maeve, don't worry. Though I was a bit disappointed, but deep down, I know nothing can change his decision anymore." I said bitterly. "Well at least, the good thing about this is I am going to be too far from him. I won't see him for months and I'll be away from his drunken face." I then said, trying to be cheerful while looking at the bright side of this fucked up situation.

"Yeah right! Though you should take your studies seriously this time Gwyn." Trust Meave to be way too parental on me.

"I will do my best but I won't promise anything Maeve." I replied solemnly.

I then goes home after a few minutes and told my drunken father that I agree with his condition and that he need to buy me a new phone because my old one always malfunction. Of course he said yes. That's where he is good at anyway, buy giving us anything we want for as long as he can afford but for some reason, he can't give us a proper and decent house to live with.

A week later, I am nervous but glad at the same time because I am going to some place and stay there for quite long and not seeing my father. I just reach the main campus a minute ago and right now, I am on my phone waiting for my cousin to come and get me and help me settled. A few minutes later, I saw Devie approaching.

"Hey bitch! What took you so long?" I asked her with a full blown smile. Yeah, you heard it, I called her bitch, that's what we call each other sometimes.

"Sorry 'bout that bitch, I'm being held up by Nick, he can't come over because he has work to do." She explained for Nick, her twin brother.

"That's fine. So, shall we go?" I nodded for her to lead me to the campus.

"Alright! C'mon." She grab one of my bag and carry it for me.

After a few minutes of walking, we stop in front of two story house which I assumed is the dorm I am going to stay.

"So, this is where I am staying?' I asked her while studying the big house.

"Yeah, I have already make a reservations for you. As much as I want you to stay with us in our Nick, but we don't have any vacant room anymore. I hope you'll like it here." She said with an apologetic look in her eyes.

"Nah, no worries. It's fine. Although I admit I am a bit nervous now knowing I don't have you here with me, but I think it's for the best. I need to learn to be independent and practice dealing with other people. It's also my chance to start being friendly to others." I said those appearing to be confident, but deep inside, I am battling with myself if I should stay or just go back home. But I know this is my last chance of going back to school so I have to deal with it no matter what.

"Don't worry Gwyn, Nick and I are just a block away, you can always go to our dorm or call us to come over if you need us." She tried to comfort me knowing I would find it difficult to adjust to others. I have attitude problem, that's why. "C'mon, we need to talk to your landlady and arrange your stuff. I'll help you." She practically dragged me to the door and then knock.

I am fiddling with my hands feeling anxious while thinking if everything will be going well with my life here. I was busy with my thoughts when the door open and reveal a middle age woman. She smile at us and she seemed nice.

"Hey there! Good afternoon, what can I do for you?" She asked politely with a smile still plastered on her face.

"Good day Miss Isula, I am Devie, the one who asked for a room reservation last week." Devie answered with a smile.