The Beginning

Morty comes home from school to find that nobody is home.
Rick isn't in the garage or in his room.
He doesn't know where they all are.

He slowly walks to his room where he sits on the bed, puts his hands to his face, and just stays there...for the longest time.
He didn't feel any emotion.
There was so much emptiness inside him.

He suddenly got up and slammed his bedroom door shut and then sat back down.
He was angry at himself for feeling this way.
He just kept saying 'Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry' over and over again in his head while rocking back and forth on his bed.

He felt the anger build back up inside him and he hated himself for it.
He started to feel so numb.
He kept thinking 'nobody cares'.
He wanted to punch himself in the face.

He got up again and started pulling at his hair. Tears built up in his eyes... He ripped the posters off his walls and started knocking stuff over, breaking things, screaming wanting somebody...anybody...to hear him.

He stopped for a minute and just stared in the mirror.
He felt disgust.
He hated the way he looked.. and acted.

Then, *BAM* ...He threw a hard punch at the mirror breaking it and cutting his hand open....
But instead of yelling out in pain, he looked down at his hand, saw the blood dripping, and... it felt..good.
It felt as if all the anger was spilling out of him... That everything was ok now...
That he finally had control over his feelings...

He then ran out of his room and went to the kitchen to grab a knife, where instead, he found grandpa Rick, scrimmaging around through the cabinets looking for food... He must've just gotten there.

"H-hey you little- urp- shit", he said without even looking at morty...
Morty just stood there, not knowing what to say... His face was dripping with tears and when he sniffled, Rick looked over at him to see him crying and hand dripping blood.
"W-what the fuck did you do Morty? ", rick said in a harsh tone.

Morty didn't wanna look like a pussy but he couldn't help but just cry harder after rick said that. Rick didn't care. 
Nobody cared.
Then rick took a swig from his flask and said, "whatever" as Morty turned around to go back to his room.

Morty ran up the stairs and into his room, slamming the door behind him, once again.
He started looking around his room for a knife or anything sharp...
He just wanted to feel the sensation again.

Then he looked over at the broken mirror...

He picked up the sharpest piece, sat back down on his bed, crying, and then he said," I deserve this" while he cut into his fragile little arm before all of a sudden, rick came in.

As soon as he saw Morty, he ran over to him, slapped the piece of mirror out of his hand, and brought Morty close to him holding him tight.

Morty was surprised that Rick hadn't just called him a baby and left...he lifted his shaky arms up to hug him back crying into his lab coat.

Rick then let go and held Morty's tiny wounded arm in his hand and grabbed the closest piece of clothing to him to wrap it up.
He carried Morty into the bathroom, where he pat the wounds gently with a soft damp rag. Morty let out a noise of discomfort while Rick did this.

Then he looked up at rick, and said "w-why are you doing this r-rick?" And rick simply answered with... "I care"... Morty calmed down a little.

When Rick was done cleaning Morty's arm, he laid Morty down in his bed because Morty's was covered in ripped up paper and broken glass. He covered him in a blanket and said, "W-we'll talk about this tomorrow Morty. Get some sleep."