Chapter 8: Ryan Speaks

Dear reader,

After much thought, I decided to try and make this book multiple people's POV. :) Keep you guessing? Maybe. Keep me entertained- yes. Hopefully, you'll be entertained too. Thank you for your patience, loyalty, and your fandoms. I love reading all these comments and I am so happy you like them.

Thank you and please give me feedback,

Elizabeth <3 //

Ryan's Point of View (RPOV):

1, 2, 3. Now. I tap my finger on the table watching the lunchroom door. Still nothing? Did I scare her away? Let's try again. 1, 2, 3. Now. I tap my finger, trying to somehow summon her. She is still no where to be found. I lift my gaze to Jason, sitting at the same table proved that the tension between us was still here. In fact, the whole table had fallen quiet. Jason wasn't in the mood to speak. So, by default, no one wanted to speak either. I take a deep breath and try even so. "Hey, Dude." Jason doesn't move, I'm sure he heard me but probably was thinking I wouldn't dare speak to him after yesterday. Well, guess what mother fucker. I'm talking to you. "Jason." Jason's eyes lift up from his lunch food to me, lifting his brow.

"What?" He asks, he sounds not pissed, but totally calm. I don't understand this kid.

"Where's Grace?" This question seemingly catches everyone's attention. Blank faces look over at me. Some chuckle.

"Grace? My sister? Why is it any of your business?" Jason spits shaking his head.

"Bat girl?" Clarissa, a girl with long brown hair who just kind of hovers over Jason and I, asks, smirking a little as she moves her hair. "You've been lowering your standards, Ryan?" I roll my eyes.

"No, you're just pissed I don't wanna fuck you." I state plainly and unattatched. The smirk instantaneously swipes off her face, she narrows her eyes and grabs her bag standing up.

"Who would want to fuck you, ass." She mumbles walking away. I shrug it off, she was being a bitch towards Grace.

"That was a low blow." Jason looks at me clenching his jaw.

"She was talking about your sister," I remind him picking up my sandwich and taking a big ass bite. "Shouldn't you be the one sticking up for her?"

"Stand up," Jason lowers his voice glaring at me. I chew my sandwich, sitting still.

I swallow the contents in my mouth. "Did I strike a chord?" I smirk, good. I should have stroke a chord. Many chords. Anything to make this jackass realize what he's doing so he can grow the fuck up. He's her brother. Feel so protective against me for her? What about the whole school? I am the least of his worries. I don't intend to hurt her. Ever. I love that girl. Well, in my own special way.

"Get the fuck out of here." He hisses reaching out and grabbing my collar, pulling me close enough so I could see the little details of black heads on his nose. I press my lips together looking straight into his eyes. "You're not welcomed here any longer." He throws me on the floor. My body slams against the concrete and slides until I hit another table. I look up clenching my jaws together. I could softly hear Grace's voice yelling at our foolish testosterone brains in my mind. I smirk at the thought standing up as my phone slides out of my pocket, I quickly pick it up sliding it back into my back pocket. I take a sharp breath walking away, far away. In fact, I'm pretty sure I get suspended by just walking out of school without being dismissed. But, who the fuck cares anyways? Like the cliche bad boy, I am angry. And so, angry bad boys react. Kill me. Whatever.

I climb in my car and grip the steering wheel, the anger in me catching fire, I open my mouth and scream blowing out the dust and smoke this anger built within me. I hit my steering wheel, my body jumping. I press my lips together, my nostrils flaring, and lean back staring up at the ceiling of my car. The heat hugging my body, I close my eyes and think back to the lake. Grace's hair floating, her clothes sticking to her body...her face? .....Her face finally at peace. Her eyelashes seemingly kissing the sky as the sun that shimmered on the lake echoed on her pale skin. I open my mouth and take a deep breath opening my eyes. That was all I had seen since that day. Every time I closed my eyes. Her face, totally relaxed against the water. The corner of her mouth tugging into a warm, soft, discrete smile. As if it was secret. Like....no one could see it....Like...we were the only ones there... I press my palms to my legs rubbing my hands on them. The plague. This girl is like a plague on my mind.