1. Calm

I wasn't sure what woke me up---the calm, beautiful chirping of the birds outside, or the alarm on my phone set for 9:30 AM. The clock said it was 9:31, which probably meant somehow the birds had woken me over the noise of my alarm. I sighed, sitting upright in my bed and stretching. I had left the blinds of my window upon yesterday, and the light shining through them seemed divine. I rubbed my eyes, kicking one foot of the bed at a time until I stood up. Despite my long slumber, I was still exhausted. That isn't right, being tired after resting...I crammed the thought into the vault in my brain, which was full of questions, smartass answers to other people's questions, some dark shit, and what I should do in life.

I think I'd become a cop.

As I went to the bathroom and whipped out the ol' pistol, I wondered what it would be like to fight a robber as a cop. I'd get up close and pistol whip him, then once he'd be done on the ground, if he tried anything, I'd unload the pistol all over his body.

Get your mind out of the gutter, weirdo. I meant an actual gun.

I went out the kitchen and rubbed my bare chest (I sleep without shirts on). It seemed like something had been biting me as I slept. I shrugged it off; If I died from a venomous bite, so be it.

It's not like it would be my fault if I died.

I took a couple of deep breathes. I had to stop thinking these awful thoughts to myself. It would do nothing more than bring me down further. I walked over to the cabinets over the sink, opened the door, and grabbed my favorite coffee mug. I closed the door to the cabinet and walked back to coffee maker and poured some coffee, French vanilla cream following it. My favorite. After I had finished making the coffee, I sat down at the kitchen table with it, cupping my hands and propping my arms up with my elbows, and buried my face into my hands. I took deep breathes again. I had to relax a little bit. My family was gone on a trip Myrtle Beach in South Carolina, and I was left all alone. It was funny how when I was alone, I never felt lonely. It was only whenever there were people. Another wonder in the fault right there. Why am I lonely around other people?

Deep, deep breathes.

Relax.

Don't worry about anything, it'll all play out well in the end.

I smiled to myself, finally taking my own advice. It was time to mellow out. I sipped some of my coffee, got up, and took the coffee with me back to my room. I had gaming progress to make, gear to farm for.