Chapter 11 - Unexpected

BELLA'S POV:

The reception was beautiful, it was decorated by gorgeous yellow flowers that hung from the ceiling to outline the isle. Watching my cousin walk down the carpet filled me with happiness, maybe because her dress was a pale yellow, the colour that was normally associated with the feeling of happy.

"Woah this is fancy." Ethan whispered to me during the reception.

"I know, it's amazing to see how much decoration can change a room." I whispered back to him.

Once Zoe and her new husband were pronounced married, people threw confetti upon them with tear filled eyes. It went past so quickly, it only took 20 minutes to promise yourself to someone for the rest of your life.

After the reception, everyone wondered around to talk to people they haven't seen in a while. Introducing Ethan to my family was very nervewracking. Mostly because they didn't understand what YouTube was. However my younger cousins gushed over him, freaking out.

We drove back to the hotel which is where the after party is going to be. It would also give us a chance to get changed for it if we got back early.

"I can't wait to eat that buffet." Asher grinned to himself as we entered our hotel.

"Me too." Ethan nodded in agreement.

I rolled my eyes at how greedy the boys were, but I secretly couldn't wait for buffet food either.

Once me and Ethan got back into our hotel room we both collasped face first onto our bed, one after another. I turned my head to face Ethan, he was already looking at me. He used his hand to push my hair out of my face and placed it behind my ear.

"HA, you have to change clothes. I don't. I'm chilling." Ethan teased me.

"Yeah well, at least everyone is gonna think I'm clean unlike you with your sweaty one outfit." I mocked him jokingly.

"I didn't think of that." Ethan sat up. "I'll just put deodrant on and a bit of aftershave. It'll be fine." He shrugged.

A little while later I got changed into my purple dress in the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and smoothed down the creased fabric. I exited into the main bedroom where Ethan was sat on the bed, unbottoning the cuffs on his shirt.

As I slid my heels on, my presence caught his attention. His gaze locked onto to me and scanned my whole outfit.

"Holy fuck." He cussed as I suppressed a smile.

"Do you like my dress?" I spun around for him once my heels were on.

"I didn't think it was possible for you to look even more sexy than you already are." Ethan held his hand to his chest as if I had just punched him in the heart. He took a deep breath and dramatically collapsed backwards on the bed.

"Stop overreacting." I giggled.

"I'm not, I'm genuinely finding it hard to breathe because of how good you look." Ethan still played along, keeping his eyes shut.

"Drama queen." I laughed while rolling my eyes.

He chuckled before breaking character and standing up. Who knew ripped skinny jeans would look so good with a formal shirt.

"Why are you making such a big deal over me, have you seen yourself. Fitty." I wink at him playfully.

"Fitty." Ethan grinned, repeating what I said in a British accent.

Before I could make fun of his accent attempt, there was a knock on our hotel room door.

"Are you two ready yet?" I hear my mum's muffled voice from the other side.

"Yeah we're coming now!" I called out to her.

We made sure we had our keycard before leaving the room, I picked up my dark cherry lipstick and chucked it into my clutch bag in case I needed to top it up later.

Ethan led the way, I followed behind his scent-filled trail of aftershave out the door. My mum was dressed to impress in a navy one strap dress. I could see Asher down the corridor also looking quite smart. Ew.

We took the lift down to the lobby where we were escourted to the hall where the after party was taking place.

The room was exploding with multicoloured disco lights and silver glitter confetti was scattered on the tables along with silver balloons attached to the back of every chair. It was such a difference to the posh reception that we attended earlier. This was clearly Zoe's organsing.

The music was already pumping into my soul. Harry styles 'sign of the times' filling my eardrums.

"This is lit." Ethan clapped his hands excitedly.

Before getting into the party vibes we immediately went to congratulate the bride and groom. Zoe gave me the greatest hug. After, we claimed some seats on a table that was pretty much right in the middle of the all, in the centre of all the action.

Asher had disappeared for 20 minutes, of course I finally spotted him surrounding the massive buffet table in the corner of the room.

Me and Ethan danced for a while to the variety of music that was being played by the upbeat DJ. Ethan spun me around until my stomach couldn't take anymore laughing. Even my mum was dancing her heart out.

Leaving my mum dancing to 'Galway girl', we took a seat at the table to catch our breath. Asher was nice to me for once in my life and got both me and Ethan a drink.

"Its so hot in here." Ethan rolled up the sleeves of his shirt.

"I know, I'm burning." I fanned myself with a napkin.

Ethan took hold of my hand and planted a kiss on the back of it. I smiled at him sweetly. He stood up, ready to get back on the dance floor. I got to my feet, also ready.

I looked behind Ethan's shoulder to see if my mum was still killing it. She wasn't dancing anymore. She was stood still talking to someone. I could recognise that windswept red hair from a mile away.

She was talking to Alfie. My ex.

Oooooh what's gonna go down? I wonder how Ethan will react ;)

PEACE!✌