jane

10:11 PM

"i love nights like this." ashton sighs. we are once again in front of a bonfire, and we made a deal that whoever would get drunk first would drive for five hours straight on the way home. no one wanted that.

"i wanna get fucking legless." michael groans as he takes a short swig of his beer.

"do it now, suffer later." luke chuckles at him as he does the same.

"cal, where's that mia girl? you didn't meet up with her today?" ashton asks, raising an eyebrow at calum.

"nah. turns out, she left this morning. guess it was just a one night stand." he shrugs, showing that he wasn't the slightest bit affected.

i was about to say something, but i get interrupted by luke.

"holy fuck." he mutters to himself, staring into the distance.

"why?" i immediately feel worried.

"it's jane!" he says, then covers his mouth. his eyes are still wide as he stares at the figure about ten meters away. she had blond hair, was really tall, and was wearing a white sundress.

ashton spits out his beer, "jane? jane as in the-girl-luke-was-hopelessly-in-love-with jane?"

"that's her." luke says, standing up.

"woah there, mate. what do you plan on doing?" michael, furrows his eyebrows, probably remembering how fucked up luke got over this girl because of how much she led him on.

"i'm just gonna go over there to say hi." he says as he starts to walk, as if he's in a trance.

"are you sure about this? your dark days were fucking scary, luke." calum shudders, remembering the times luke would shut down completely.

"i'm just gonna say hi." he repeats in a hushed tone as he continues walking.

"he still loves her." i whisper to no one in particular once luke was out of ear shot.

"we tried to stop him, ky." ashton whispers gently.

"it's okay, he'll just say hi," i smile, trying to be optimistic, "nothing wrong with that."

i take a swig of my beer, and my eyes avert to the two figures a few meters away. they're hugging, and luke's smiling.

my moonlight is smiling, but it's not because of me.

i can do nothing but watch.

OKOKOKOK OK ITS STARTING ARE U EXCITED

- au