Chapter 19

A few days later...

   " He hasn't come home yet?" Michael and I were at the ice-cream place ( Where else would we be??), and it seemed that Alec hadn't come to his home in a while. He had been staying at the hospital with Nathan, refusing to leave his side. I was worried. He was barely eating, and last I saw his face looked pale, dark circles around his eyes. To be honest, I don't know why he's staying with Nathan.

   Michael looked down at his treat. " No. He's still there." He ran a hand through his black hair. " I'm sorta scared, because like, I don't know why he won't leave. I mean, sure I feel bad for Nathan in a way, but I honestly don't see why Alex would care so much."

  " Mm...yeah. Well, I guess that's just how Alex is." I stared down at the table, unsure of what else to say. Michael had asked me to come here, and it was really awkward. " But you didn't call me here to talk just about Alex, did you?"

   " No." He swallowed. " I...wanted to apologize. I'm sorry for the way I've been acting. It's not right, and you don't deserve it." He gazed at me sheepishly.

  I dropped my spoon, stood up...

 and hit him in the arm.

  " Ow!" he exclaimed, rubbing his skin. " That hurt!"

  " You idiot!" I yelped. " You're so stupid. I swear Michael you-"

  " What?" He asked.

   " You shouldn't have to apologize! I should be the one apologizing! I was the jerk, not you! Not anyone else. I pushed you away, just like I push everyone else. And yet there you sit, thinking it's you're fault, that you're the one to blame. I can't stand it. I've had enough of you and your apologies. I-" I gulped, seeing the confused expression on his face.

  " Emery?" He got up and gently took my hands. " Are you okay?"

   " I..." Tears streamed down my face. His eyes were like a calming a sea. They were so beautiful, his lashes weren't like a normal male. They were long, and curled. His lips were thin, but not too thin. Sitting perfectly as lips should. " Michael I..." My voice trailed off.

" What is it?" He pulled closer to me, and I could see that he was obviously concerned. About me. The girl that hurt him. The one that can't love. The one that tried to brush him off the very first day she met him. Now, he stands in front of me, his worry lines visible from my point of view. 

I couldn't stand it any longer.

" I love you, Michael." 

 His breathing quickened. Did I scare him? Did I say it right? 

Then he leaned in...

and kissed me.

 It was gentle, not hard. His lips were soft as feathers, and he smelled of mint. His hands were now on my waist as I pulled closer to him, feeling his body warmth close to me. I closed my eyes...Wanting this moment to last forever. Never wanting to let go. He stopped kissing me and nuzzled my nose with his. " Now that wasn't so hard, was it?" he whispered. I laughed through my tears and my joy. He pressed his lips onto my right hand. " I love you too, darling. And nothing will ever take me away from you."

 I bit my lower lip. " Nothing at all?"

  " Nothing." He wrapped his arms around me. It was cold, but his warmth kept me from shivering. " I've been waiting for this moment forever," he said. We finally dislocated ourselves from each other, his arm around my shoulder. " Now..." he began, happiness in his voice. " May I do the honors to walk the Miss Emery home?"

  I giggled. " Yes you may. my prince."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

So what did you guys think?? Let me know in the comments! Don't blow it up again! ( If you're reading this, you know who you are, lol)