CHAPTER TWO ' old times '

kiara black

       "What are your thoughts on going back to school?" questioned Jacob as the two siblings entered the car

"What are your thoughts on going back to school?" questioned Jacob as the two siblings entered the car. The next day ended up being the first day of school; like most teens, she dreaded going back to listening to teachers talk and those certain people who thought they were above everyone else. She threw her bag in the backseat, strapped herself in and put the key in ignition.

"One — I don't want to go. Two — I might see people whom I'll what to tear their eyes out. No biggie, Jacob," Kiara replied, pressing her foot down.

"Haha, you'll be fine, sis. Just be the feisty and sassy person you are and you will definitely be fine," Jacob assured.

"That feisty and sassy side of me is what got me in trouble, dear brother. That's exactly what I don't want." Once they had arrived, Kiara placed her hands on her lap, wondering if she should get out.

A warm hand touched her shoulder.

       "Kitty, you don't have to."

       She shook her head, slowly. "I—I have to, I'll have to eventually."

Jacob nodded. "I'll be right by your side, remember that."

"Right, good. Thank you, Jake." He exited the car and so did she, as if on an alarm, eyes shot to their direction with everyone whispering in excitement over Kiara Black's return after no explanation over why she left in the first place.

She breathed in deeply, getting her bag before locking the car. The older sibling clung onto her brother tightly as they walked through the doors of the hellish—like school. The bell had rung and students were rushing into their classes, some taking their time by chatting amongst themselves.

Kiara recognized a few familiar faces making their way towards the siblings: Jared Cameron, the Beta, a gambler with a light—hearted personality, extremely talkative and a fellow troublemaker.

And beside Jared, was the cocky and smug Paul Lahote. He loved to praise himself, often childish, always annoying but his short—temper distracted him and in many occasions was regularly in fights mostly because of his defensiveness over his friends. Though with his ticking temper, he was a sweet guy who cared for those around him — a façade.

The boys' eyes widened and they rushed to hug her. She tried her best to hug them back, struggling to get her dangly arms around three muscular boys, almost men.

"It's good to see you, Kitty. Is it weird that we keep calling you Kitty? Seeing as you're a wolf?" Jared joked, getting a slap in the head by Paul.

       "Come on, what did Sam about talking out loud about that topic?"

       "Not to?" Jared rolled his eyes like a young child getting told off by his dad.

       "It's good to see you too, Jared, and no, it's not weird," she replied as Jared smiled.

       "Now that you're back, that means your part of the pack," Paul reminded. "That means we'll be seeing a lot of you, huh?"

       "Yeah, I guess it does mean that," Kiara replied, grinning like a fool. Jared was about to say something when he was interrupted by the principal.

"Shouldn't you be in class by now? Mr Cameron, I expected better from you."

       "Sorry, sir. We were showing Kitty the way to her class," Jared apologised, he was such a bad liar.

       My memory is bad but not that bad. Kiara thought.

       "Ah, yes, Kiara Black. It's nice to have you back even if you did cause trouble with the boys," the principal murmured, glaring at the boys.

       "I'll do my best so it doesn't happen again, Principal Davidson," she smiled as he nodded.

       "Good, good. Well, I must get going. I want all of you in your classes, understood?"

       "Yes." they said in unison.

       Once in their respective classes, and after Kiara had to produce a dreadful introduction, even if some students knew who she was, she was forced to sit beside Jared since no one wanted to sit next him because of his endless talking and continuous bet—making.

       "Jesus, Jared, would you at least shut up for five minutes?" Kiara growled, slamming my pen down.

       "Hmm, no."

       She rolled her eyes and kicked him in the shin and unluckily there was no reaction.

       "You can do your best and I still won't feel a goddamn thing, Kitty." Kiara sighed internally knowing that she'd be stuck with a gambler for the rest of my years at the school, not knowing that someone else had the desire of being in her company.