Birthday Bash

The crowd roared as the newest female rapper in the game took the stage. The music started and the female began to rap as the crowd sang along with her. Her eyes focused on a male in the crowd who was yelling her lyrics and dancing. Why him? Well, in a dominantly black showcase, he was the only Caucasian. These days there was a big issue with race in America, and it impressed her that he'd come, despite everything said around the country.

When the show was over she jumped off the stage and walked around, talking to her fans and taking pictures with them. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the male that she'd been so focused on during her show. She walked behind him into the parking lot. "Hey!" She called out to him. When he turned around, he gave her a soft smile. "I saw you out there. You was killin' it, boy." She smiled at him. "Where are you going? The party just started." She gestured back to the park where all the shows were taking place. The male rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. "I was headed home. I live on the south side so I got a decent drive." The female smiled and stuttered. "Yeah, I'm from the south side too, but you probably knew that." The male laughed and held out his hand.

"I'm Caimen." The female took his hand in return. "Miss Mulatto.. well, Alyssa." She smiled again and released his hand. Caimen pulled his keys from his pocket, preparing to say goodbye when she interrupted him. "Is that yo truck over there?" He nodded and laughed nervously. "Uh, yeah.. Do you wanna see it?" Alyssa followed him to his truck and gasped with excitement. "I knew I knew ya name from somewhere. I seen ya truck on Instagram." She'd seen it because Caimen had the words "LattoLetEmKnow" on his back windshield. "Can I see inside?" She asked, looking at Caimen's lifted truck in a sea foreign cars.

He nodded and opened up his door, climbing in and helping her up to sit in the driver's seat. He turned his radio on and played one of her songs through his system. She bobbed her head and smiled, "O-KAY, Caimen!" She stared at the steering wheel for a long time before he broke the silence. "Do you wanna drive her??" Alyssa nodded and held her hand out for the keys. "I ain't even gon' lie, I've never driven anything this big before, though." Caimen laughed. "Just don't hit nobody, please." They rode around the parking lot a few times, until they approached where they'd started. Caimen laid his eyes on Marco who was standing on the sidewalk, staring.

Though he was enjoying hanging out with one of his favorite artists, Caimen stopped her. "Marco doesn't look so happy." He gestured to him, and went back to wondering why Alyssa followed him in the first place. Alyssa shrugged as Marco screamed from the ground. "Latto, what'chu doin', bruh?!" Caimen clenched his jaw and laughed nervously. "You might wanna go calm him down." He laughed as she put the truck in park started to open the door. "I know this weird, but could I get ya number? You seem chill." Completely taken by surprise, Caimen shook his head no. "I'll make you a deal. When you get home, go through your followers on Twitter or Instagram and if you find me, I will respond with my number." He figured she'd forget since she was a busy person. This all felt like a dream to him anyways. She snapped him out of his daze. "Deal. I'll text you tonight!" She'd climbed out and turned around. "Hey, thanks for comin'. It means a lot to me." He smiled at her and shut his door and put his windows down.

He turned her music up and looked in his mirror to see her turn around and smile as she walked away with Marco - who was still not happy. Caimen hit the road and was headed home.