She Needs Him

Caimen sat in a parking spot at a gas station next to the interstate. After deciding to go in and get something to drink, he came back out, scrolling through Twitter. "What the hell.." he scrolled through the news articles he was tagged in. His phone vibrated.

Alyssa: Where you at? I needa talk to ya.
Caimen: BP by 75.

He rolled his eyes and set his drink inside his truck and read the articles. He shook his head and looked up as he heard a car pull into the parking lot. Alyssa emerged from the car. Caimen leaned against his truck and folded his arms. When she approached him, she folded her arms with a frown. "Hey.." Caimen replied the same, but a little more cold. Alyssa sighed and dropped her arms.

"Look, I ain't had nothin' to do with that. I ain't even know they was there.." she paused. "So, I'm just here to get your music out to the white community?" Caimen replied harsh-like. Alyssa looked down and back at him. "No, it ain't ever been that. I saw you in a crowd full of black people. With all the race problems now, I loved to see that." She looked down and back up at him again. "I just wanted to shake your hand cause I thought it was dope."

Caimen thought for a moment. "What the hell was with Marco?" He put his hands up and leaned against his truck. She laughed. "Nah, really Alyssa. I don't think he understands that I haven't tried anything, and I won't. I ain't like that. You talked to me. You text my phone." She nodded. "I know, he just jealous cause you're there. Y'know that first show you was at? He was there but he wasn't even watchin' me. He wasn't really even watchin' me tonight either cause he was lookin' at all them girls lookin' at you." Alyssa softened her voice. "Look, I don' wanna lose you, Cai. You a really chill person and we just now really getting to know each other." Caimen nodded.

"Alright, I guess I can look past this." Alyssa wrapped her arms around his waist to hug him, and he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. "If I find out you lyin', I won't ever speak to ya again." He walked her over to her car and opened her door for her. "Let me know when you get home." Caimen went to his truck and started it up, pulling out of the parking lot behind her. Caimen followed her until she turned and he continued straight.

When he arrived home, Caimen went inside and laid down in his bed, waiting to make sure he got a text saying she was safe.