Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Alright guys, I really want to thank you for reading. You guys are awesome! Enjoy this chapter! So I used the song Miss Jackson by Panic! At The Disco feat. Lolo in this chapter. I know, the lyrics aren’t in order but that’s because they are talking while the music is still playing, so don’t be mean! PLEASE! Yeah, I didn’t really proofread this so there are going to be errors. Sorry.

~Sabrina

_____________________________________________________________________________

As soon as I got out of the school, I threw my sweater on. There was a slight chill and wind out. My house was about six blocks down from the school, so normally I would walk, but it was so cold. My fingers fumbled for my phone. I planned on texting Owen to drive me home, but there was honk of a horn behind me.

I nearly jumped out of my skin like a cat, but I kept my composure and turned around. A black Mercedes stood in front of me. I could see Jason in the driver’s seat. He opened his door and waved to me. “Get in! You’re going to freeze out here!”

He opened the passenger door for me and I got in quietly. I could really get used to this behavior. He hurried in the driver’s seat again and slammed the door. Jason pulled his coat off and handed it to me. “Here.”

I didn’t put it on. Instead, I stared at him. “Why are you being so nice to me?”

“Isn’t that what someone who’s totally in love with another person is supposed to do?” Jason asked, shifting the car into drive. We zoomed out of the school parking lot and onto the main street.

I arched an eyebrow. “You’re in love with me?” I teased.

“No, I’m just supporting your idea of a ‘first date.’”

I smiled. “Aww, thanks.” After awhile of deciding, I put on his coat. It was really warm and it... Oh my god. This was so not happening. I could not be falling for Jason. He and I were not going to have a relationship. There was no way it could’ve happened.

But god, his coat smelled so nice. There was the smell of cologne and I tried not to look I was inhaling it deeply like I wanted to. That was when I realized I had no idea where we were. “Where are you taking me?” I asked Jason.

He smiled, keeping his eyes on the road. “My house.”

“What?” I suddenly felt very self-conscious of what I was wearing. My hair was messy, but still straight enough. I had on a pair of faded jeans and a simple black sweater with a bright pink tank top. I felt ugly. The only amount of makeup I had put on was some mascara and that was barely seeable. “Why are you taking me there?”

He shrugged. “We do have a date anyways.”

I was quiet. “Why do you even want to go on a date with me anyways?”

“Hmm,” he said with more thought than I thought he could muster. “I don’t know. You’re just different than the other girls I go for.”

Go for.

Those words repeated in my head. So I was just one of those girls he went for. Good. I bit my lip. I had to admit that hurt. Here I was, thinking I was something special, but no. I was just different than the other girls he went for.

I was silent the rest of the way there. He tried to start some conversation, but I never answered him. He finally caught what I was trying to get at and shut up. Jason tapped his finger impatiently on the steering wheel. Finally, when he couldn’t take the silence anymore, he turned the radio on.