Chapter 12: GQ

Pulling up to the offices, they take the elevator up and stop on the floor for GQ.

          "Have fun," she smiles.

          "You're not coming for a bit?"

          "They are going to spend a ton of time getting you ready. I'll come down after I get my work done."

          "Okay," Reid says, sliding his hand on her hip, leaning down and softly kissing her then her forehead. "See ya," he smiles. The hair and makeup team immediately start their transformation, wardrobe coordinating his outfit. Reid immediately thinking of the questions he might be asked. Clad in a nice grey and black suit, he walks over to the lady doing the interview and shaking her hand.

          "I'm Jillian, thank you for coming all the way up here for the interview and shoot," she smiles as they sit down.

          "No problem," he nods, unbuttoning and sitting down also. "Happy to be here."

          "Good. We were a bit worried when you didn't show up to the room we had for you," Jillian says, hitting play on the recorder. "This is your first year back after long contract negotiations as a free agent, how's that going for you? Is there tension between you and the GM or team?"

          "It's going fairly well and no there isn't any tension. The boys were pretty welcoming when I signed."

          "I know the fans are glad to have you back too. You are definitely a favorite. How do you like being back playing in your home state near your family and friends?"

           "Oh I love it. My mom especially loves it," Reid laughs.

           "But she must be disappointed you're no longer with Valerie? You've mentioned how they were close in the past."

          "I mean yes, she was disappointed but under the circumstances my mom was supportive. She's always been supportive in what I do and such."

          "She's supported the breakup between you two, what happened to the relationship?"

           "Valerie and I just had different mindsets. We saw things different and our views on how we wanted to live our lives. Our lives were different from each others."

           "How do you want your life to go? What's in the future for Reid Hatfield?" Jillian asks.

           "Of course football. I plan on playing that professionally till I can't walk anymore," Reid chuckles. "I'm getting close to thirty and I'll be looking to settle down, have a family, you know, family man. I can eventually see me trying to stay out of the public eye," he nods.

           "Being the best Tight End in the league, I highly doubt staying out of the public eye," she says, pulling out the magazine of Jamie and himself kissing, "is going to be easy. Does this mystery woman have anything to do with these decisions?"

           Reid chuckles. "I can neither deny or confirm that Jillian," he smirks.

           "Come on Reid, you are one of the most eligible bachelors in the NFL. The women reading the article need to know if they have a chance."

           Reid looks past Jillian, seeing Jamie standing by some other people. "Yes, I am seeing someone," Reid nods.

           "And who is the girl?"

           "Like that article says Jillian, mystery woman," he winks.

          "We can't help but ask Reid, besides the time with your mystery woman, it seems you backed off the party lifestyle too."