Chapter 104: Beyond the Jersey

"I can't wait to see our babies," Jamie smiles, the pair home from California and on their way to Jamie's parents.

"Me too," Reid nods pulling in the driveway.

"Mom? Dad?" Jamie calls out as they step inside. Grayson comes around the corner followed by his grandmother, carrying Drew.

"Hey buddy," Reid kneels down.

"Daddy!" Grayson running into his father's arm.

"You over having 3 wild ones for 3 days?"

"Of course not. They are always good. I watched the show."

"What did you think?" she asks her mom.

"Very very very happy with you Reid."

"I'm proud of him too," Jamie grins.

"Aw shucks."

"Ready to go home?" Jamie asks Grayson.

"Mommy?" he looks up at her.

"Yeah baby?"

"Can we get a puppy?"

"Your daddy and I will have to talk about it."

That answer good enough for him. They say their goodbyes and get in the car heading home.

"So Grayson you know how daddy works a lot and is gone sometimes?" Jamie turns toward her oldest.

"Are you leaving again daddy?"

"Nope. Daddy is staying home with you and Landon and Drew and mommy," Reid answers.

"You are!? Yessss," Grayson cheers.

"What are you going to do with all that new time with daddy?"

"I don't know."

"Lots and lots of play time."

"Yes!" Grayson grins.

Once in the house, the boys play in the living room as Jamie just put Drew down for a nap. She joins Reid on the couch.

"Did I tell you I appreciate you so much?" Reid asks her softly.

"You have but why are you bringing it up baby?"

"Because, you sacrificing everything that you did to come live with me, marry me, dealing with crazy exes," Reid smirks.

"Well, we both had our fair share in crazy exes but I wouldn't change a thing. Coming to be with you and take this crazy chance is the best choice I ever made."

"And even though you didn't know who I was for sure when you first met me I'm glad you kinda looked beyond the jersey," Reid smiles.

"Babe your jersey, job and football is just a tiny part of who you are and I love you so much for everything else."

"I love you too."

"I can't imagine life without you. I'm so happy you're going to be home with us."

"Me too."