Chapter 93: Sharing the News

"How are you feeling?" Julia asks Jamie, laying in her and Reid's bed watching TV- the boys down for their nap.

"Like a blimp. I feel bigger than ever."

"Maybe she's gonna be bigger? The boys were small right, well I know Grayson was but Landon?"

"I think he was about average, but he was just so much bigger than Grayson."

"She's just bigger. Nothing to worry about. Have you guys thought of names?"

"No, we haven't really, we haven't talked or planned for her as much as the boys."

"Well, what do you want to name her?" Julia asks.

"I like the name Drew."

"That's really unique."

Jamie nods. "I thought it was cute."

"Maybe we can persuade Reid to name her that," Julia nudging her shoulder.

"I think he'll like it," Jamie says hearing the front door open and Reid and Jimmie talking. "They're back."

Both Jimmie and Reid walking into the room, Jimmie moves on top of Julia, Reid squeezing next to Jamie and looking at the TV, his arm around her.

"How was your guys night?" Jamie asks.

"It was good. What have you guys been doing?"

"Watched a movie, ate bad food, and thought of baby names."

"Baby names huh? Whatcha got?" he asks, Jimmie leaning in and kissing Julia.

"Julia like's Drew."

"Hey if you two are just going to make out I prefer you don't do it on my bed," Reid smirks, giving Jimmie and Julia a hard time.

"I think Reid's just jealous Julia has Jimmie's attention," Jamie teases.

Jimmie smiles standing up and helping Julia up off the bed. "I think we are going to head out anyways, leave you two to talk..." giving Reid a look. Both heading out.

"What time did the boys go to bed?" Reid asks, moving to his side of the bed.

"Probably about an hour and a half ago?"

"So did you hear about Corey Webber is retiring from the Broncos?"

"I think so. We met him last year right?"

"Yeah, his girlfriend just had a baby when we met him."

"Is he liking retirement? What does he do now?"

"Yeah I think so, just kinda hanging out. He's done a couple commercials and stuff."

"That's great for him. Why are you bringing him up?" Jamie asks confused.

"I was just thinking about it today," Reid shrugs.

"About Corey?" Jamie asks but stops. "You want to retire?"

"It's up in the air."

"Baby if you're seriously thinking about it we should talk."

"Okay let's talk."

"Wait you're serious now" she chuckles.

"Very serious."

"Would you be content with retiring?"

"I would," he nods. "Like I was telling Jimmie at the bar, I love football and I love playing it but you and our boys and soon to be girl are more important to me. I want to be here and help and stuff. Plus, I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on them growing up."

Jamie nods. "I love that you think that and I know you have to have your job first so you will miss out. Do you think we will be financially stable without having football?"

"You don't pay attention to my bank statements do you?"

"Of course I do, but we are growing old together with 3 kids."

"You and I have millions of dollars. And after I turn 55 I get a pension just like a regular job."

"And you won't regret it?" she asks. "I would love having you around and helping me with our kids."

"I won't regret it and you know if you got wanted to try and go back to work. I wouldn't mind being a stay at home dad."

"Maybe when they all get older. Do you know how shocked everyone will be?"

"Yeah I know. I haven't even brought the idea to Michelle's attention yet. She might kill me or back me up 100%. There is no in-between."

"It doesn't matter it's your choice. You're her boss."

Reid smiles leaning over to kiss her softly. "And I like Drew by the way."

"Really? I think it would be really cute."

"You know our house is about done."

"I'd love to get in there before she comes. We are building a house just as you decide to retire."

"And like I told you we are fine," he laughs. "I told dad to leave the rooms alone because I want to do it, once we pick the colors and stuff."

"So what's her theme?"

"Well, what do you want it to be?"

"I don't know I want girly but not overly girly."

"Well, that doesn't help me."

"Maybe something neutral but with flowers everywhere."

"How about I just surprise you seeing how my surprises are two for two," he winks at her.

She gives him a weary look. "Do you know what girls like?"

Rolling his eyes, "you said flowers I got it covered."

"I'm trusting you."