Chapter 7

The ride home is pretty tense. Uncle Mike is driving. I kept quiet the whole journey and I still have no idea where are we.

"How much longer are we gonna reach there ?" I asked.

"About half an hour." He muttered. I kept my mouth shut and just lean my head against the window. Looking at the scenery as we passed by. I started to think about Alex all of the sudden.

Did he know that I'm gone ?

As we reached the driveway to my house,I noticed that Alex's car is there. He isn't at work.

Closing the car door shut,I knock on the house door. The door flew to reveal Alex with a really worry look.

"Where have you been ? I called the school and they said that you're not there ! Why didn't you bring your phone?" Said furiously.

"Can we please come inside first. Uncle Mike's here." I said softly. I called out Uncle Mike to come in.

"What are you doing here ?" Alex asked Uncle Mike as soon as we get inside.

"Let me explain everything. Come sit." Uncle Mike said.

"I'll make something." I muttered as I quickly pass them and go to the kitchen.

"Soooo..." I began after they finished talking. Alex looks like he is having a fight with his brain,trying to process everything. He sighed and looked up.

"Can you stay for the night,Uncle Mike ?" He asked. Uncle Mike silence for a while before answer Alex's question.

"Okay but only for one night and if your dad is still not home,I'll come again soon." Uncle Mike said.

I show him the guest room after the conversation. Then,went to my room and drift off into a deep slumber.

××××

"Hey Scarlette ! Wait up !" A familliar voice called me. I close my locker before turning behind. Ethan is jogging to my direction and I can say that I'm pretty shock.

"What ?" I ask him,looking at our surrounding. Worrying that somebody might see us but no one's here since the hallway is empty.

"Why didn't you show up yesterday ?" He asked. Ohh yeah,I clearly forget about him.

"I got some issues and I don't have your number." I stated.

"Okay then. You coming after this ?"

"Yeah."

"Lemme give you a ride." He offered.

"Uhh its okay. I need to change by the way. I can walk there." I try to avoid going in the  same car with him.

"We can drop by your house and I can wait for you to change." He try to persuade me. It's not that I'm scared of him. Okay maybe a little but it's still weird to be with your bully. Ex bully.

"Okay okay." I finally give in. He cheered and put one of his arm on my shoulder. It will be a lie if I say that I don't feel a spark flying as soon as he make contact with me.

×××

"You wanna wait in the car or come in ?" I asked Ethan as we reached my house.

"Can I come in ?"

"Sure." I shrugged.

We get in the house and I quickly ran to my room.

After changing,I came down to see my mom is trying to touch Ethan while he is trying to back away uncomfortably.

"Mom ?" I called out,with a clear annoyance in my voice.

She turned to face me as soon as she heard me calling her with a clearly fake smile.

"Hey honey" she said in a fake sweet voice.
Ethan slowly back off from her and stand beside me. Mom glared at me. Eyeing me and Ethan suspiciously and I don't care.

"Don't honey me. I don't know since when I'm your daughter anymore." I said with venom held in each word. I can feel Ethan shift uncomfortably beside me.

"Come on." I muttered as I drag him out of the house. Not forgetting to shot her daggers before going out. As we got outside,I sucked in a deep breath and exhale with a sigh.

"I'm sorry that you need to see that. I know it's gonna be awkward for you after." I told him.

"It's okay but are you and your mom like seriously hate each others guts or what ?" he blurt out. "Shit I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make it sound like that. I ju-"

"No no its okay. My mom is a slut anyway. Let's get going." I cut him off.

He didn't ask me that much about my family after that. Maybe he is respecting my privacy right now. The ride to his house is pretty quiet too but not too uncomfortable.

The tutor went by with a blur. Grayson is not home and I get to meet Lisa,Ethan's mom. She is a really sweet lady and an amazing mom. I can't help but got jealous of Ethan whi had an amazing mom who love him.

After I'm done with the tutoring, I went home to see my dad and my father having a very serious deep talk that looks like it's not going to end well. Not to mention that Alex is there too looking pretty tense.

This can't be good.

~~~~

A/N : I know that everytime I wrote, it will be short but I promise to improve. 😶

P.s : sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes peeps ☺