Chapter 7

I am in awe at their house. It is very tighty and clean. I have never seen a house this clean before. My own house isn't even this clean. Harry calls for his mum again and I hear quick footsteps upstairs heading to the stairwell.

"Harry, I need you to bring the cati because of the stor- oh." She stops midsentnce when she notices me standing in her doorway. "Hello," She looks to Harry, "who's this?"

"Oh, mum this is Christy, a girl I met at school. Christy, this is my mum." He introduces us and we shake hands. "Call me Anne. I hate it when people call me by my last name." Anne tell me with a smile "It's lovely to meet you." She adds and gives her son a look that indicates he's spoke about me before. Anne turns back to me, "Please make yourself at home and I'll make you some tea. Is breakfast tea alright?" She is super sweet for someone who I just met, I can see where Harry gets it from.

I nod and walk over to the couch in the family room and try to take deep breaths. Harry follows me, but walks straight to the back door. Right after he opens the sliding glass door, a black cat runs in. The cat jumps on the couth right next to me and rubs itself against my arm, purring.

"Dusty seems to like you." Harry states, "She's not much of a people cat, though; so this is surprising." Dusty continues to purr and I reach to pet her but she jumps off the couth before I can get the chance. "Like I said, not much of a person cat." Harry sits right next to me and I try to move over slightly. I have no such luck because he notices and moves closer to me. Why can't he jus respect that I don't like being close to people?

Anne comes in with tea and buscuits. I pass on the buscuits and go straight for the tea. I put one sugar cube in and Anne sits down on the chair sitting in th corner of the room. "So, Christy, how long have you lived here?" I smile at her, giving her my best fake smile I can give. "Since I was born basically."

"Oh, I was just wondering because you have a hint of a Scottish accent. I just thought you might have moved here from there." I give her credit for noticing the Scottish. Not a lot of people do. "My father is Scottish so you could say I get it from him." Anne nods her head and I look down at me tea. When I look back up her and Harry are exchanging looks which I can' seem to read.

Harry then notices me looking and his body relaxes. He looks deep into my eyes and I can't help but smile at him. Anne sighs softly which makes me break eye contact. I hear another set of footsteps coming down the stairs, "Hazz, did you take a pair of my sweat trousers?" A girl yells from the bottom of the stairs. I am assuming this is Gemma, Harry's older sister, but I can be wrong.

"I didn't take your sweats, I took mine back!" Harry yells back at her. Then the girl comes closer and continues her argument, "No, those were mine, I bought them!"

"Gem, why would I take a girls pair of sweats?" Harry asks his sister. She then sees me and looks at the situation she just stepped into. "Well, I don't know why but a more important question here is," she looks over at me. Here it comes, "what is a pretty girl like you sitting that close to my baby brother?" I feel my face burn red. Before I can even answer my phone begins to ring. Of course it would be my father. I excuse myself at walk into the corridor, "Hello?" I answer.

"Christy, I need you home now. Don't even bother trying to argue with me just get your arse home." With that said he hangs up. I'm not going to lie, I'm terrified to go home. I'm scared of what I'm going to walk into. I can't smell alcohol through my mobile but I can tell he has been drinking by the tone of my fathers voice. I walk back into the family and all heads turn towards me as soon as I approach the room. Everyone is too quiet for my liking.

"Harry, my father wants me home. I have to go." I softly tell him. Harry nods and walks over to the coat rack. He grabs his mums car keys, "I'll warm up the car for you." Something in Harry has changed since I picked up my mobile. He seems off, but Anne catches my attention. "It was so lovely to meet you, Christy. Be sure to come by again and stay longer. I want to know the scoop of what's to do in this town." She gives me a hug goodbye and Gemma sweetly smiles at me.