Your Love, Tonight

Roger and I couldn’t find any laundry detergent and so he yelled upstairs to John and Veronica.

 “I swear you act like you’ve never been in this house before!” Veronica yelled back to us.

 “Well, I for one, have never been in your basement tryin’ to operate your washer!” Roger insisted.

 “It’s in the basket between the washer and dryer!” Veronica yelled back.

 “Seriously, darling! You need to put the dumb blonde away for the night! You’ve outdone ya’self.” Freddie called down the stairs to Roger.

 “Freddie! Don’t you have a comfortable guest bed to…I don’t know…be in!?” While Roger fought with Freddie, I was determining the best place to spread these blankets out. At this point, the middle of the floor was looking pretty good. It wasn’t a large basement anyway and Roger and I would nicely between the hot water tank and the washer and dryer.

 “Rog? Rog, dear? Can you hear me? Rog? Rog?” Freddie asked repeatedly.

 “Freddie! Shut the hell up! Yes! I can hear you! I’m ignoring you! Go to bed!” Roger hissed at him as he threw our wonderfully smelling, yet gooey clothes in the washer.

 “Does this look okay?” I asked Roger, referring to the mass of blankets in the floor. Roger shook his head.

 “Lyd…it looks exactly like a bunch of blankets in the floor. It’s really great. I’ll be back.” Roger said, taking all of our bathroom toiletries upstairs to the guest bath since that was the only other bathroom aside from the one in John and Veronica’s room. I would follow him up shortly. He would likely drop half of that going up the stairs and I would pick it up in his trail. Earlier, I had brought a glass of water down here with out second trip and laid it near the pale colored compact near the wall. It was nearly four in the mornin’ and there was no way I was going to flop upstairs in five and a half hours to take this pill. I made sure to sit this glass far enough away so neither myself or Roger would knock this over in the middle of the stairs. The washer sloshed away and I headed back upstairs. I poked my head into the guestroom to check on Freddie.

 “Isn’t this just a fabulous room, dear?” he asked me.

 “Oh yeah…it much be nice.” I told him sarcastically. I proceeded up the next set of stairs.  I could hear the water running in the bathroom and I noticed John and Veronica’s door shut. “Did they go to bed already without sayin’ nothin’?” I was rather surprised. Brian was lying down on the couch and Chrissie was lying up against him. He couldn’t keep his fingers out of the belt loop on her jeans. “Do you all want anythin’ while I’m standin’ here? I’m just waitin’ on Roger. I watched Brian rest the weight of his head on top of Chrissie’s. I wasn’t going to anythin’ but I knew where this was goin’.

 “No, no thanks. And to answer your question; yes. I'm fairly certain they fell asleep the moment they laid down.” Chrissie answered referring to John and Veronica.

 “This kitchen is a disaster! It’s like we had a New Year’s Eve party or somethin’. I…I don’t even know where the sink is!” I noticed as Roger finished up in the bathroom. He came out which meant I could wash my face, brush my teeth and brush my long hair out.

 “I’ll see you two in the mornin’.” Roger said to Brian and Chrissie as he stumbled back down the stairs. He stopped off to the guestroom where Freddie was stayin’. I stared at myself in the mirror as I turned the sink on. I definitely looked like I had been drinkin’ all night.  I proceeded to get my face washed. I could smell the remnants of Roger's soap in here. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, sucking in what remained of it. I opened my eyes slowly and let my head roll limply around. To me, Roger was a pure aphrodisiac in my veins more powerful than any force. I continued to let the water run as I stared myself down in the mirror.