Math.

It was almost 3:00 in the morning. We were all on what was likely our last drink of the night. Hell, if any of us had anymore; someone would be sick for sure. Currently, Freddie was talking incessantly and I do mean incessantly. Roger was also. They were both blabbing about anything and everything. John and Veronica couldn’t control their laughter. Chrissie’s sides hurt she was laughing so hard. Brian had a mortified look on his face because he couldn’t make heads or tails of anythin’ they were saying and me? I had just lit a cigarette and was takin’ it all in. At this point both Freddie and Roger were flailing hands and arms in front of Brian explaining something to him and completely invading his space. I had absolutely no damn clue what they were trying to explain. This was like an extremely poorly executed game of charades.

 “You…really don’t have to yell. I am sitting right…”Brian reach out a hand to Roger to push him down out of his face. “…my god, those are soft pants!” he had finished.

 “Brian! Brian! I wanna’ tell you about this really great idea I have for a song! This is good! This is really really good! Freddie and I were talkin’ about it!” Roger became a little distracted. “My pants are soft aren’t they? These are my very favorite. Lydia picked these out because she knows I like something to lounge in and we were walkin’ around in Kensington one day and…”Freddie interrupted.

 “No, Roger! We all get it! You’re pretty in pants! You’d be pretty in a fucking garbage bag! Now move!” Freddie shoved Roger out of the way. “Brian! I’m gonna’ say a word and you tell me a word that immediately comes to your mind! Don’t think, just say it! Ready? Velvet!” Freddie said enthusiastically and snapping at him. Brian didn’t play along. He just blinked several times at both of them.

 “Okay, you need to very calmly sit down and…no, no…Roger just…sit down. Freddie…down. I can’t talk to either of you if you’re CRAZY! Now, I need for you to sit back, relax and speak politely one at a time.” Brian sighed as Freddie and Roger sit back on their knees. They looked at each other in silence. The rest of us were still laughing. Actually Veronica was almost screaming and tears were coming down John’s face.  Chrissie was practically biting her lip off until she finally broke the silence.

 “I can’t believe you kissed me tonight!” she said to Roger. He immediately laughed at her.

 “You wanna’ do somethin’ else, Chrissie?” he winked at her which sent John into an even greater fit. Of course, Chrissie turned blood red and covered her face. She buried herself in Brian’s shoulder for a moment. She gained her composure and looked at Roger.

 “Well I do, but not with you!” she said. The moment she said it, I can’t tell you who was screeching the loudest in this room. Actually, I could say this…it wasn’t Brian. Roger was bent over in the floor but he managed to reach a hand up to high five Chrissie.

 “What um…what…what did you want to do exactly, Chrissie? Math or somethin’?” Brian asked.

 “Yes. Math.” She answered before Brian kissed her again. Roger got up from the floor and came over to where I was sittin’ to pull me out of the floor.

 “Lyd, come on. We gotta wash our clothes.” He reached his hands out to me.

 “Alright, alright…yes. We gotta’ do that.” I let Roger pull me up. Falling over into him as he did so. We walked over to the piles near the stairs to sort through them regarding what we needed and what we didn’t. “Here, Freddie you get the blue blanket. I think Veronica has another for you. Roger and I get these three. And we get these pillows.” I said placing them aside.

 “Why do you get three blankets!?” Freddie demanded.

 “Because, we’re the only ones who have to ROLL AROUND ON THE FLOOR!” I emphasized the last part.

 “Thank god there’s a door to that basement because I’m shutting you two the hell out.” Freddie said.

 “We have some extra blankets for these two.” Veronica said referring to Brian and Chrissie.

 “Good! Now they can practice safe math.” I said as dryly as possible. Roger and I crammed our hands full and started down the stairs. We’d have to make another trip for the rest of it. Fortunately, the light from the living room and kitchen filtered into the stairway to ensure we didn’t fall and kill ourselves. We made it to the bottom and I struggled to open the basement door as Roger and I made out way down the next set of dark steps. There was nearly no light down here whatsoever.

 "Fuck!! What the...Jesus!" I yelled as I ran into something in the basement. It made a terribly warbled sound so I assumed it was the washer or dryer.

 "Where the hell is the light down here!?" Roger yelled upstairs at anyone that would answer. Instead, we could hear the laughter from the fact that I had just run into something . "This is bullshit! What kind of basement doesn't have a light switch immediately in the doorway!? Is there even a window in here!? It's so dark!" We continued to hear nothing but laughter. "Oh my god! Answer me you stupid people!" I was feeling around to find anythin’ down here. There was a small window at the top of the basement but it was covered with a little curtain.

 "Oh god! This is too much!" Veronica said upstairs as she did her best to curb another laughing fit.. She walked to the top of the stairs. “Roger! The light switch is at the left of the door before you even go into the basement!” she yelled down.

 “Well, who puts a light switch there!?” He insisted, walking back up the stairs.

 “Normal people!” She was still laughing.

 “Oh that is much better! I said, seeing as the fluorescent light lit up the room.

 “John, come on. Let’s get Freddie situated while Roger and Lydia tear the basement up because they can’t find lights.” Veronica insisted.

 “Are you tired?” Chrissie asked Brian, wrapping an arm around him. Brian shrugged his shoulders and shook his head.

 “Not too much. I’m drunk more than anything. He reached for Chrissie’s wrist. She smiled all over.

 “Brian…” she began, looking down at his sinfully smooth hand. “…I need to…be honest with you about somethin’. She said. Freddie had followed John and Veronica to the guest room. Leaving them briefly alone. “If you…if you wanna’ trade math equations…” she blushed miserably. “…I wouldn’t say no.” she smiled and laughed lightly. Brian pulled her lips into his as Freddie headed back up the stairs.

I'm sorry this chapter was so miserably short. I had it planned out but didn't mean for it to be so short and the next part will be too long to have combined the two.