Issue 15

Issue 15 is the fifteenth issue of Image Comics' The Walking Dead and part three of Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars.

Plot Synopsis

In the previous issue, Chris and Julie had committed to shooting each other in a suicide pact. However, it doesn't go as planned, and Chris shoots Julie too soon. Rick finds Tyreese hugging his dead daughter's body and hears Chris explaining that they were supposed to kill each other at the same time. Julie then turns and attempts to bite Tyreese.

Rick is not able to get a clean shot, so Chris shoots her. Tyreese, in a fit of rage, then chokes Chris to death and then continues to beat the animated corpse of Chris. Rick informs Tyreese that Chris is dead. Tyreese tells Rick that he'll take care of him later. The next day, while discussing it, they realize that they don't need to be bitten for them to turn.

Rick returns to the Atlanta Camp to kill the reanimated Shane. Rick says a few last words to Shane before he kills him, but Rick doesn't rebury him. Rick then leaves and heads back to the prison.

Glenn and Maggie find the barbershop in the prison where they have sex and cut their hair. Susie and Rachel later go and find it to cut their hair too.

Tyreese, Glenn, Andrea, and Billy head inside the gym to clear it; however, Tyreese attacks the zombies suicidally and they are forced to leave him behind.

Hershel goes to search for Susie and Rachel in the prison. He finds the barbershop and looks on in horror at the decapitated heads of his twin daughters, Susie and Rachel.