8

"What the hell were you thinking. Running around out there without any bloody sense." The second they got back to the mansion they were immediately greeted with two rather displeased faces. Bruce's face stayed neutral but his eyes gave away the burning anger that fueled inside him. Alfred on the other hand did not hesitate to share his thoughts. "We set some rules and now you've gone out and broke the main one. Do you two like danger, eh." 

"A bit of fresh air never killed anyone." Selina resorted. The look of annoyance clearly displaced on her face. They were both still cold from the rain, dripping with each passing second. He still felt light-headed after his fall but he was in no position to say anything.

"We only asked that you stayed inside and you broke the rules." Bruce voiced. His eyes switching onto Five. "If you are not able to follow simple instructions then it makes it less easy to trust you. We do not have to have you here. The court has clearly given you the delusion that you can get away with whatever you want."

His jaw clenched and unclenched the longer he stared at Bruce. Tuning everything else out a fire bubbled up inside him at the mention of the court. Did they still think he wanted this? He was so sick and tired of playing prisoner. Was he supposed to enjoy his stay in a much larger prison. Was it such a crime that he missed going outside and just wanted a few peaceful minutes where he didn't feel crazy? "Look I just..." He began before forcing his words down. Before he realised his nails dug into his bottoms. Inhaling deeply he shook off the unexpected haze of anger. Averting his gaze to the floor. "I apologize for disrespecting the rules. It won't happen again." He forced his hands to relax before sinking deeper in his seat.

In the corner of his eye he saw Selina glance at him for a moment before turning to glare at the pair in front pf them. "I ain't apologizing for shit. I went out deal with it." Her frown deepened. "I'm not a house cat Bruce. You can't commend me to stay inside and expect me to do it."

"Selina-"

"You know what." Standing up she took quick strides towards him, getting right in his face the tension thickened. "Lock every single door, window and vent if you want. But it makes you no different and less controlling than the court." He fell mute on her words. Before anymore words were exchanged she stormed off. He could feel that his presence was unwanted and quietly stalked out the room. 

His sudden burst of anger confused him, but he didn't dwell too much on it and returned to his room.

He stayed in his room with the lights dimly lit. Sitting in front of the mirror he pulled at his skin, failing to keep his hands steady. Bad luck seemed to follow his way no matter what he did. He managed to swipe one of Alfred's first aid kits since nobody else was going to take a look at his cut. He was no doctor but he could tell it wasn't good. It wasn't too deep but it was enough for it to get dirty. Which was the hard part. He was meant to clean it, stitch it and put a plaster on. Easy. Except it wasn't. It was harder than he perceived it to be since he could barely keep still every time the disinfectant seeped in with his blood. His small yelps sounded through the room.

A low thud came from outside his door, making him stop altogether. Raising out of his seat he opened the door a crack peering through it. His gaze downcasted and he almost smiled before opening the door wider. 

Her green eyes glanced up at him in surprise while she knelt on the floor, her hand half grasped around a cup of some sort of brown liquid. He could faintly make out the steam raising from it. Her face scrunched up slightly as she straightened herself. "I was just gonna leave this." Gingerly picking up the cup he lightly held it in his hand, the smell of chocolate reached his senses. "I told you I'd convince Alfred to make hot chocolate." She watched him take a wary sip and warmth instantly flooded through him, running straight to his chest.