Chapter 19

~Max's POV~

When I woke up, I had a massive headache. I also had this dream that Ray and I kissed.

"Morning beautiful."

Okay, so it wasn't a dream.

I felt his lips kiss my neck, holding me tighter, and I smiled to myself. I never would've thought Ray and I would ever be like this.

"Good morning."

"You have class today?"

"Just one. What about you?"

"Nope."

I looked over my shoulder, looking at Ray's eyes. He looked tired, but he was still able to smile.

"This is the closest I've been to seeing you naked."

"I know."

His lips formed into this huge grin and I playfully rolled my eyes. He laughed and I shook my head, checking the time. It was still early, and I didn't have class until three more hours. But I had to get up and get ready for the one class I did have. Plus, I had to check to see if I made the team or not.

"You want breakfast?" I asked, getting out of bed, looking for a pair of shorts.

"Damn, I got a cute girlfriend. Who can cook too?! Wow..."

I laughed, while throwing on a tank and bout to walk out.

"You coming?"

"Just give me a second, I got to get myself together first."

I shrugged and walked into the kitchen, washing my hands first. I pulled out a pan and got the pancake mix. I had made the batter, mixing it with the whisk, when Ray stepped out in some sweatpants.

"I forgot I left these over here."

I smiled and went back to cooking.

"You need help?"

"No, just relax. I got this." I poured the batter and let it cook. After, I got another pan for the bacon.

"This bout to be good as shit."

~Ray's POV~

I parked the car, grabbing my jacket and throwing it over my shoulder. I locked it and headed up the stairs towards my dorm. I had walked in and it was quiet. Thinking I was home free, I tip-toed in and towards my room.

"Well, well, well. Look what the cat drug in."

Damn....

"What up Chres?"

"Where were you last night?" He made that stupid, smirk face again, like he knows everything. I hate it when he does that shit.

"Don't worry about it."

"So when's the first date?"

"Nigga I don't know! Now leave me be so I can shower."

"You use protection right?"

"Man, we did not have sex! Max has more respect for herself than that!"

"You're right. Just always remember that."

And with that final word, he walked back to his side of the dorm. I stood there, not knowing what he meant. Remember what?

"Whatever...."

I shook it off, heading for the shower.

*************

I sat around Chres, Jacob and Craig while we waited for Max to be done with practice. It was a cool day out, so I just had on my hoodie that covered my head. I need something new to do with it, cause it's getting on my nerves.