Road trip

Melissa's POV

We left the hotel around 4 hours ago. I slept for and hour and a half of the time and i am still tired. I feel better than i did earlier; i feel safer. I look at Jack, all his concertration on the road. He looks so tired I think i should take over. 'Jack, pull over.'

He glances at me quickly and then back at the road 'Why?? What's wrong? are you alright?' I could hear concern in his voice. Maybe i could have said it differently.

'Yeah i am fine, calm down. I was just going to say let me take over driving.'

'No i'm fine. You need-'

'i have slept, you haven't. So pull over and let me drive.' His lips curl up into a wicked grin and starts to pull over. 'Thankyou.' I say opening my door. 

We have been on the road for almost a whole day. I know this because it is starting to get dark. Jack has been asleep sice we swapped. I want to turn on the radio, but I am afraid it will wake him. I look over at him and see he's twitching quite a bit, a bad dream maybe?? Next thing I know, he is sitting bolt up right in his seat. His eyes were red like he was about to start crying. 'Nice sleep?'

He clears his throat and wipes his eyes 'Yeah, it was okay.'

'You hungry?'

'Starved.' he says through a smile. I smile back and pull into the petrol station. We get out of the car and start heading to the door. When we get inside, we pick a table and a waitress takes our orders. 'So? What was your dream about?' I asked as the waitress walked away. He looked at me confused but then sighed. ' It was nothing, just a bad dream.' He paused and then looked at me, 'I am fine, i promise.' I shook my head and looked down at the table. 'So where do we go from here?' I asked him hoping he knows.

'Well, Weget as far away from that place as possible and once we have been i the dark for  a while i will call a co-worker of mine and we will find the dick.' I looked at him wide eyed and then back at the tabel. My friends, Casey, Josh. What about them? now i am panicking. What if he gets to them? Jack must have seen the worry in my face 'Mel, Its going to be okay. Once we are in the clear it will be great i promise.' He smiles at me and then a thought ran through my head.

'What happens to you when all of this is over?' He looked taken a back and shook his head.

'I would like to think that i can stay with you, but we don't always get what we want do we?'

'No, no we don't.' And then my heart broke. I have known him for this short amount of time and i feel like i can't live without him. I love him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{I am so sorry i haven't updated in a while i have had problems with my computer. I know its short as well but its just a filler. Please vote and comment :) }