Chapter 4

AAANND here it is. Chapter 4. It's different than I expected it to turn out but it took me a few days to write. Hope you enjoy.

Paige slumped down against her door. "He took me back." She said quietly to her self. "He doesn't hate me." She smiled and for the first time in hours she cried of happiness.

----------------------------------------------------

He was glad he got her back, firing her was a mistake. He knew that when he did it but he was just being impulsive. But at least she still wanted to come back. For the first time in hours Walter smiled and was happy.

----------------------------------------------------

Walter texted Cabe telling him that he got her back and he was determined not to let go of her ever again, even if his life depended on it, which with their jobs that wasn't completely out of the question. Cabe texted back within seconds congratulating him and saying that he was most definitely ready now. And Cabe was right, he had progressed a ton since the Lake Tahoe incident. Walter grinned, "Take that Tim." He said to himself. Walter then sat down at his desk and tried to get his thoughts in order. If he ever wanted to be able to be in a relationship with Paige he had to get over what happened in space or else he would always be thinking of it. Though Walter would never admit it, sometimes to gather his thoughts he would write them down in a book.

Yesterday I found out what happened in space. I definitely over reacted when I fired Paige and gave her a new job to work with Richard Elia. It was an impulse decision and even though I went and talked to Paige this morning I can't believe I actually did that. When I found out that everyone knew that I confessed my love for her and nobody told me, I felt betrayed. And I couldn't look at her but turns out I just needed to think it through. I thought she had lied to me when she told me that she loved me back, but when I went over to her apartment she told me that everything she said was a true fact. Could that really be? Could Paige Dineen really actually love me? Me? Paramount of all nerds, if that's not a miracle then I don't know what is. Maybe she does love me, and as it turns out she is really the only person who hasn't ever lied to me. My whole life I thought love was non-existent but it turns out it exists. I just never had anyone prove to me that it does. But she did. She is the reason I have hope and she is the reason that I do believe in love.

Walter put his pen down, and stared at what he had just written. It was entirely true. Paige is the one person who didn't even try to show him that love exists but succeeded. He always thought the heart was just a circulatory muscle but she proved to him that it wasn't. He picked up his phone and called her.

----------------------------------------------------

Paige looked at her phone and frowned. Why was Walter calling already? He had just left her apartment. Maybe he changed his mind. Maybe he does hate her. Maybe he doesn't want her back because she toyed with his feelings while she was dating Tim. Maybe they weren't getting a second chance. She tried shaking those thoughts out of her head. Only one way to find out she said to herself.

"Uh hey Walter, what's up?" She asked cautiously.

"Uh well this was quick but I was wondering if you'd like to go out for lunch?" He asked over the phone. Paige smiled.

"Really? Uh I mean I thought you needed time to think things through." She said.

"Uh yeah well I did and I uh thought it through and I get you were just trying to keep me safe and I get that you didn't lie to me. So I figured maybe we should just go for it, uh only if y-you want. W-We don't have to if you don't want." He said nervously.

"No uh I mean yes. I-I would love to have lunch with you." Paige said grinning. "I'm actually glad you called I was going to go get some food anyways."

"Well then that works out perfectly. Kovelsky's?" He asked.

"Yeah I'd like that." She responded.

"Okay great." He said.

"Um w-would it be more efficient if I came over and picked you up?" Paige asked.

"Yes actually it would. Text me when you leave your apartment." Walter said.

"Yeah okay sounds good." Paige responded. "I'll see you soon Walter." And just like that they both hung up and smiled. It was finally happening. Paige ran to her bathroom to clean herself up. She quickly did her hair and a bit of makeup and even though it was just Kovelsky's she had no clue what to wear. Finally she settled for jeans and a cute white top. She texted Walter that she was just leaving and he responded right away. She smiled; this was actually happening they were going on a date. It was Kovelsky's but still, progress.

-------------------------------------------------------

She arrived at the garage in less than twenty minutes and Walter was waiting outside. He smiled when he saw her pull up. He opened the door and got in the car.

"Long time no see." He joked.

"Yeah it sure has been a while." She said playing along. "Ready to go?" She said grinning.

"Yep." He responded. They drove a few minutes to the diner. They were seated right away at a booth. They both knew exactly what they were going to order without looking at the menu, but they still opened it and glanced. The waiter came by and asked if they wanted anything to drink and they both said water and smiled at each other.

"So did you draw any conclusions during your time to think?" Paige asked.

"Actually I did, not new discoveries but still." Walter said.

"And?" She asked.

"Well I know that I can forgive you because as you said it wasn't a lie and you didn't tell me because Toby told you not to, and you thought it was what's best, which makes sense. I also know that I still love you, like I said earlier, and nothing is going to change that. I also know that I want this to be the last obstacle for us being together because my feelings aren't going to change and I know that I want to be with you." Walter said.

"I love you too Walter, and yeah I think that if we can get over this, and the Tim thing and just us being scared for two years we can do anything. And I want to be with you too." Paige responded and Walter smiled.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Yeah." She responded reaching her hand to meet his and interlocking their fingers. The waiter came back and asked if they were ready to order. Paige ordered her usual salad and Walter ordered his usual burger. They both decided to split the fries.

A few minutes later their food arrived and they both dug in quickly.

"Hungry?" Walter asked her.

"I haven't eaten since last night." She responded.

"Me either." He said and they looked at each other. "Well it's a good thing we got over this space thing or we probably would have both starved."

"Yeah no kidding." Paige said smiling. They finished the rest of their meals in a comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's company. The waiter came by and asked if they were ready for the bill. Walter looked at Paige and she nodded so the waiter put it on the table and left. Paige reached for it but Walter stopped her.

"Paige, my treat." He said.

"Walter," She started to say.

"Nope I'm paying don't try to argue with me." He said and she reluctantly gave him the bill.

"Can I at least pay you back?" She asked.

"Paige I know we didn't say it but I'm pretty sure this qualifies as a date and I want to pay." He said taking her hand.

"Okay fine, but next time it's my treat." Paige said.

"Next time?" He asked.

"Yeah next time." She responded smiling. "You uh ready to go?"

"Yeah but instead of going straight to the garage, you wanna go for a walk?" Walter asked.

"Yeah I'd like that." She responded and they both stood up, hand in hand and walked towards the park. Together.

IDK about this, I'm very un-inspired right now so I don't know how I feel. This was way longer than I anticipated but I just couldn't find a good place to end it. I hope you liked it.