Chapter Two

<| Jack |>

I stand boldly on the mast of my ship, scowling at the large vessel in the distance. Hmm... not the best, but it may do.

The ocean waves lap into my ship, and I look down to see my ship's floor flooded with water. I make a face and grab a nearby rope, and drop down.

Water splashes and soaks my boots as I hastily search for a pail. Seeing it on the other side of the (small) sinking ship, I climb over my varying piles of supplies to grab it, and return to the flooded portion. I crouch and bail out the water.

The sun beats down on the rather cloudless day, and I shake my dreads out of my face, noticing three pirate skeletons hanging, the breeze causing them to sway a bit.

In paying homage to them, I stand up, tossing the pail aside. I take off my hat, placing it over my chest.

I study the curious sight a bit closer, and see a sign hang next to the furthermost right skeleton, saying, "Pirates ye be warned."

I give the sign a solemn nod and salute. Warning noted, I think nonchalantly, knowing I must keep my identity as a pirate hidden.

As I approach the port, I notice everyone's eyes on me, but I ignore it, keeping my chin held high. My boat sinks lower and lower until it's right at the dock. I simply walk off the boat's mast, and stride down the dock. The sound of my riches clanging in my pockets, and the beads and trinkets in my hair sways with my movement.

I hope to pass the Harbormaster and his child assistant without being noticed.

Just my luck, although, the Harbormaster called after me, "What—hey! Hold up, there, you!"

I spin on my heel and stride back to him as he informs me, "It's a shilling to tie up your boat at the dock."

I give him a seemingly innocent look, like I had given the women at Singapore who caught me with another woman.

Ahh... good times.

We both face the pitiful sunken boat. He continues on, opening his ledger, "And I shall need to know your name."

I raise a finger in the air, asking wordlessly for a small moment. I dig into my pocket, feeling for some loose coins I may have.

"What d'ye say to three shillings..." I say with a small coy smirk, placing three coin onto the open book in his hand, "and we forget the name?"

The Harbormaster looks down at the three shillings greedily, lifting a suspicious brow at me. I notice his little assistant raise his brows, too. The Harbormaster looks at me and says with a welcoming smile, "Welcome to Port Royal, Mr. Smith."

He shuts his ledger as I fold my hands together and thank him with a nod, watching him continue down the dock. I make my way up the docks, slowing a bit when I see the Harbormaster's money pouch. I lift it and shake it a bit next to my ear, hearing the singing sound of coins jingling inside. I pocket the pouch and walk on down the port in search for a better ship to commandeer.

<| Elizabeth |>

I stand at Norrington's promotion ceremony, fanning myself down as the sun beats down on me.

The soldiers march by, the drummers drumming and the piccolo players piping out the ceremonial march. Norrington is shouting orders to the soldiers.