Felt Like Me

"Louisse! Louisse!" called my brother.

"I think they're from your country!" he said.  

I leisurely turned my head from the magazine I was reading and looked up at the screen of the TV towards what my half-brother was trying to show me.

My name is Louisse Camemberg, I'm a 16 year old teen. I'm actually British and California is not exactly the right place for me, although I wanted to visit this place badly before I moved here.  

We were living a very happy life there in Great Britain, before my dad granted a huge amount from a bank and soon ran away, leaving us to pay for the money.  

Obviously, we did not have enough of that money the bank was asking us to repay. They soon took over our house and we had to migrate to the US, where my aunt lived.  

But things were better now, my mom remarried. An American man. And I soon had a younger brother who was half-American and half-British.    

So what exactly was Auston, my younger brother, trying to show me on the TV?  

I saw these 5 guys on the stage, smiling like they had no worries in the world. They had been nominated for a very prestigious award, and eventually won.

I watched as they climbed up the stage to get the very sparkly award which millions of pop stars wished they had.   They looked pretty young and I had never heard of them before.    

 "Do you know them?" Auston asked.  

I shooked my head, refusing to look off the screen.  

 "Aren't they british?" he asked.  

I nodded. They do seem like it.

Although when I left Britain YEARS ago, I don't think they had even formed such a band. So I was unaware.    

"I would like to thank everyone here for this award, we would have never acomplished this without the support of our fans and our families...," said one of the members of the band.  

He passed the mike to this guy with the cutest hair on the planet.    

"Were there any difficulties you faced during your years as a band?" asked the host.  

The guy with the cutest hair (I don't know his name, I gotta find out so I don't have to use this name for him everytime I mention him! I wonder if it's written anywhere on the screen?) nodded.  

"Not as a band..." said another member, with very weird kind of curly hair.  

Oh, what an accent, me being British find his accent cuter and more adorable :3    

"We learnt loads, even before we had debuted..," the curly hair dude said.  

"Oh yeah? Like what?" asked the host.  

The guy with the cutest hair began "When I was young...,"  

"There were times when I people around me behaved like I was nothing but a street dog. But that's when I learned that," he continued.  

 "Always be nice to people. No matter what they've done to you. To show them you're not like them." he finished.  

I could hear the crowd going wild at his response. But no matter how I look at it, or at him, to be precise, I can't decide, what I love more.  

What he said.  

Or what he is.