7

Helena ran until she hit a gas station. It was barely lit up, and there was only two cars parked; a beat-up, old pickup truck, and a slick, shiny mini-car. She scoffed at the truck, and then had an idea.

It's an old truck, it might have supplies that she can "borrow". Sure, stealing is bad, but desperate times call for desperate measures, right?

Helena tiptoed to the bed of the truck, and peered in. Her both dropped open. It was covered in fresh blood! 

"What the-" she almost cursed, until she noticed a shiny object in the corner. 

"A weapon!" Helena cheered to herself as she climbed into the back of the bed, only to find a smashed iPhone. She turned it around, and almost screamed.

The case was clear, with a small Polaroid picture slipped in the case. The picture was of two girls, and the caption, in Emily's scrawled handwriting, read;

EMILY + HELENA

And then below that, in a blue marker, Helena had written;

( HEMILY )

It was Emily's phone. 

Helena yelped as she heard the engine start. Quickly, she jumped from the truck bed and onto the pavement, where she ran into the dark woods. She dropped to her knees, clutching the phone case, and sobbed.

---

Emily decided to take a rest in an old, stone cave while Violet slept in her arms. They had a long day ahead of them, since the nearest hospital was two counties over, and they'd have to walk the whole way.

Emily was pretty sure that Violet's feet were infected, and they needed to get to the hospital was quick as possible, but Violet was crying and Emily was tired, so now they sit.

Maybe, that wasn't such a good idea after all.