2

Helena sobbed for three days straight.

Everyone was accusing her of Emily's disappearance.

They thought she was jealous, that she wanted to get to Jasper, that she killed Emily so she was out of the picture.

Helena loved Emily.

She loved her with all her heart, even if she didn't admit it.

She missed Emily's smile, the way her hair tossed around when she walked, her low mumbles when she slept over, when they talked about anything and everything. She missed Emily.

Oh, what Helena would do to get her back. She'd sell her soul just to see that Emily was safe and sound, that she was just at a friend's house, forgetting to tell her, or camping, or something! She wanted Emily back. Helena wanted her to be okay.

But she wasn't, and Helena sensed it.

Emily never went anywhere unless she had her phone. She'd text back right away, or have a valid excuse if she didn't. Helena had texted her a billion times. They all appeared as READ.

Emily 💕

< are you okay?! where are you?!

read at 3:16 pm

< emily?! please answer!

read at 3:18 pm

< emily, if this is some sick joke i'm going to kill you!

read at 3:21 pm

< emily please! are you okay?! i know you're reading these, i can see it! oh please emily!

read at 3:25 pm

< emily. . ?

read at 3:27 pm

She could just imagine Emily, bleeding out in some creep's basement, while they watched Helena's frantic messaging. Oh the horror!

Helena was determined to get her back, no matter what.