THE BIG 5-0 ONESHOT!!! - I Love You.

Jercy - - Oneshot #50

Jason wasn't keen on spending the night in the attic of the Big House, but whatever. It kept Percy happy, confused Jason, but (still) it made his boyfriend (of only 2 months) happy. So why not?

And it was his birthday.

The party had been 2 days ago, so it wasn't like they hadn't celebrated it. . . As long as it was okay with Percy? Jason really was just confused. So he chose not to ask questions as they were being led up to the attic.

Percy made no noise as they walked. Percy seemed to be out of focus, away in a sort. His eyes looked blankly ahead, and Jason just followed him, trudging a backpack with crackers, water bottles, and a few pictures Percy said were important in it.

He coughed, dust clouds spreading in the boys faces as they entered.

Percy also coughed, but otherwise the dust didn't faze him. "Perce." Jason said, but was cut off by a few violent coughs, vibrating his chest and shaking him slightly.

Jason quickly composed himself, and Percy turned on a light— which was only a single lightbulb on the ceiling.

Percy let out a half-heated laugh. Jason looked at him, even more confused. "They haven't fixed it up since the last war." Percy commented, running his index and middle finger over a shelves top— careful not to knock down whatever was on it.

Jason hadn't really been in the Attic for long when he had the chance, and he most certainly only remembered the old Oracle's body. All. . . Dead.

He shivered, trying not to look where he had last seen the body.

Instead, Jason focused on Percy— who seemed to be gazing sadly at a knife. "What's that?" Jason asked softly, trying not to startle Percy, and breaking the silence that had formed over the two.

"It was Ethan's." Was Percy's only answer, his eyes still steadily looking at its blade. "Careful." Percy told Jason softly, just before he had a chance to touch it.

"It's poisoned." Percy informed, Jason looked at it. "How'd you touch it then?" He asked, "I can control blood, poison, and other liquids." Percy paused before going into more detail. "It's a Poseidon thing, I only do it when necessary." He said, placing the knife down.

'Ethan Nakamura's Poison Blade.' A tag read, just below the knife. The word 'poison' in bold lettering.

Percy seemed to walk further down the shelves. Stopping every so often, Jason soon following.

They saw pictures of Annabeth, Percy, and other demigods (and satyrs!). Percy always looked at them softly, as if they were the lasts thing he ever had. "Those were the days." He occasionally whispered, almost non-audible to Jason.

Jason chose not to ask what Percy meant by that.

Jason didn't say anything, but examined the reactions Percy had to different things. He usually strolled past the things that old heroes did, but seemed attracted to other things— things that Jason told belonged to dead people.

'Did Percy know these people?' Jason thought, slightly sad. He also chose not to think about that any longer.

"Can you get me the pictures?" Percy asked, Jason quickly got them out. Percy smiled, sending a thankful look toward Jason. Jason couldn't help but feel it wasn't put to him, but someone behind him— like he was somehow invisible.