Chapter 6

Lahee58 yawned and stretched. She stood and changed out of her sleepwear. She walked briskly toward the bridge, eager to start the day. She greeted Grew01 as he powered on. Smiling she opened up her task file. She checked off what she had already done.

"Looks like someone is requesting an visal message with you. Shall I put them on?'"

"Yes, please." Lahee58 fixed her hair and sat straighter. Grew78 appeared on her screen. She saluted him.

"Lahhe58. It has come to our attention that you are asking about the history of the planet. May i ask why?" Lahee58 was put off by the shadow on her screen behind Grew78. It looked like one of the figures on the cave wall. The villain she had drawn.

"I noticed some ruins and inquired who had built them to see if they were once strictly sound. I wanted to preserve the beauty of this planet. I apologize if this was wrong." Grew78 visibly relaxed. Her eyes narrowed. She quickly widened them.

"Yes. That's fine." He sighed and shut down the link. Lahee58 frowned and slouched. She itched to research the name for this feeling. She resisted the urge to do so.

"What was that about do you think?" Grew01 said. "Lahee58?" She didn't respond. She gathered her printed list and left the poss. Grew01 would've frowned if he had a mouth.

Lahee58 acted really weird after that. She barely talked to Grew01 and this raised some concerns with him. She never smiled. She didn't talk about her latest discoveries with him. Grew01 was really worried. He was thinking about her odd behavior when he felt something switch off. He panicked sensing someone in his gearbox room.

"Lahee58? What are doing?" She cotunied snipping his wires. Grew01 panicked. "Lahee58 please stop!" After the last wires was cut Grew01 could feel his link with the main control room shut down. She dusted off her hands and stood.

"Sorry about that. But I need to be able to talk to you freely. I need to you to record everything I'm about to tell you." Lahee58 said with an unnamed emotion in her eyes.

A Defre was monitoring the incoming links of reconstructors when one empty stopped transmitting. She was shocked. A link shouting down? That was rare. She sent it to Grew78 with an urgent notice. He opened it before calling his college Defre99. She gulped on the other side of the line and straightened before entering her Higher Up's room. She bowed before standing and speaking.

"My High, we have lost communication with the Lahee58's poss." She said meekly. Lahee frowned deeply.

"Contact Echo43. Tell him he needs to collect Lahee58 from planet 7801." Lahee said before dismissing Defre99.

"Lahee? What's going on?" Someone said from behind the door.

"Nothing for you to be concerned about Echo." Lahee said. She called up her green screens. 

  Σονγ Οφ Φαλκόν