Chapter 28: Interuptions in Paradise

Erica:

I held onto a fast asleep Jojo as the plane safely landed on the runway. Cyn smiled at me as the seatbelt light went off and they finally started letting passengers off the plane.

Albee, India, and King sat in the row just ahead of us.

I kicked Albee's seat causing him to jump out his sleep. He pealed his sleep mask off turning around to glare at me.

"If you didn't have the baby in your hands...I swear."

Cyn and I both laughed. "Whatever. Just help me with the carryons." I handed Jojo over to Cyn.

The plane was almost empty so it made it easier to move around.

I grabbed Cyn and I's things and Albee and King picked up the rest of the bags as we made our way out of the terminal and into the airport.

"I need a drink on the beach. Pronto." Indy said as she adjusted the strap of her pink MCM backpack .

"The resort is bomb girl. Drinks are included and a private beach." Cyn assured as we all walked toward the baggage claim.

We waited for everyone's bags before heading out. There was a sprinter van parked right out front.

The driver stood there with a sign that read "Santana Family"

"Right here y'all." She approached the driver with a smile. "I'm Cynthia Santana. These are my guests." She pointed at us.

He gave a warm smile. "Welcome to Panama! Let me grab those bags." He gathered all our luggage and began loading as we all got into the van.

Jojo was still fast asleep in Cyn's arms, the trip must've tired her out.

"Yes. My homeland...I have arrived." Albee said dramatically making a video on his phone.

I buckled my seatbelt before looking back at him. "So extra." I joked playfully.

"Right talking about my homeland. Nigga you moved to Brooklyn when you was 2." Indy quickly agreed.

Albee rolled his eyes holding his hand up. "Whatever, y'all some haters."

We all laughed at his salty ass.

The driver finished loading up our luggage and began driving toward the resort.

It was perfect outside. The sky was clear and blue. The sun was shining just right and the smell of the ocean filled the air.

The drive was just shy of a half hour. We pulled up to this huge resort. Lots of tourists in next to nothing.

That was Panama for you. But I was so happy to be here with Cyn. I'd never taken a trip with anyone before.

Unless you counted trips out of state, moving packages with Redz.

"It's beautiful." I whispered into Cyn's ear before kissing her cheek.

"Isn't it? Wait until you see the rooms."

We got out the van and as soon as we walked up to the entrance a group of natives greeted us with a warm welcome.

And by warm welcome I meant alcoholic frozen drinks. Which was definitely okay in my book.

We all took a drink as we split up to go and find our rooms.

I walked close beside Cyn, arm over her shoulder and drink in hand.

"Babe can you believe we're really here in paradise." Cyn said as she sipped her Pina colada and pushed Jojo in stroller.