Chapter 22: 21

Erica:

I could still taste Cyn's lips on mine. I missed that girl so much, it hurt. These little teases weren't helping either.

I could honestly say I was a dumbass for ever letting her go, but I was moving a lot different now. I didn't need a bunch of bitches around all this money I was making anyway.

I needed someone I could trust, and that was my Cyn. Needless to say a bitch had a lot of work to do.

I drove a couple blocks and picked up King on my way to Redz new place. After he got found not guilty, he sold his Jersey mansion and came right back to the city.

Leave it to this nigga to cop a million dollar penthouse like he wasn't facing life. He was practically rubbing it in the Feds face.

"Hey baby brother." I pull him in and press a kiss to the top of his head with a smile.

He looked at me confused, his eyebrows twisted in a frown. "What you so happy for?"

I chuckled. "I can't be happy?"

"I ain't seen yo ass crack a smile in three...four months. Now you smiling....Oh shit wait, you fucking somebody? Good for you sis. I was starting to get worried."

I laughed. "Your mother was smoking while she was pregnant with you, I swear." I shook my head. "Nah but Cyn is actually talking to me again, unfortunately I'm not fuckig anything at the moment though." I frowned.

He started laughing. "Well at least you smiling again. Speaking of mom though, she asked about you last week when I went to visit her."

Here we go with this shit again. First Cyn and now King? This topic was getting real old, real quick.

"Oh okay." I say brushing him off as I pretended to focus on the road.

"She still your mom too E, no matter what you can't change that." He spoke as if he was the big brother and I was his little sister.

"Unfortunately..." I mumbled.

"Look. She ain't perfect, and she wasn't exactly the greatest mom to me either. It's been times I had to go into crack houses on the strip, and drag ma outta there, at ten, eleven years old but she's still our mother and she loves you, you're her kid. You should at least hear her out."

I took a deep breath. "I'll think about it. "

The rest of the car ride was silent between us. I didn't understand why everyone was so pressed for me to have a relationship with this lady? Clearly she didn't want one with me for almost 22 years.

I really didn't feel like thinking about her so I was happy when the GPS said we finally reached our destination.

I gave my name to the desk man  and he directed us toward the elevator. "Ride up to P1." He called out as we stepped into the elevator. We rode all the way up and when the doors opened Redz was standing there in an all red Versace robe.

"Welcome to Mi casa. Shoes off at the door." Redz pointed to the shoe rack by the front door as we walked into his new place.

King and I slipped our shoes off and followed Redz throughout the rest of the penthouse. It was beautiful, especially at night with the entire city lit up beneath us.

It was like we were looking down on the world from up here. I was going to have some shit like this soon. Something bigger even.

"How much they getting you for? Five thousand a month?" I asked running my hand across the back of the red leather couch.

"Six." He said shaking his head looking genuinely upset. "They got my ass but it was too beautiful to pass up. Plus I needed to be in my city to run my city." He laughed.

I twisted up my lip. "Nigga you from Compton. How is this your city? This my city."

"Whatever lil Erica. Remember I raised ya lil punk ass. I taught you everything you know." He said. "But real talk. I got somebody I need you to put on your team."

I took a seat on his couch, King sat beside me.

"Hell no. Last time you tried to put somebody on my team." I moved my fingers in quotes. "That shit almost got your family killed."

King chuckled. "Look what E's tryna say is...we need somebody we trust." He said.

Redz nodded. "True. Aye Savage!" He called down the hall.

A very tall, skinny kid with crazy hair and a tattoo of a knife right between his eyes came walking out.

"What up boss?" He said in a southern accent.

"They wanna know if we can trust you." Redz said.

"What you need me to shoot?" He asked pulling a mac-11 out his waistband.

"See all the trust you need. You say shoot and that lil nigga shooting." Redz lit up a cigar, taking a seat opposite me and King.

"Savage...how old are you?" I asked.

"21." He replied quickly, tucking his gun back in his waist.

"Look I don't know if Red told you but I don't like new people. But if you show me you loyal, and I can trust you I get a lot nicer." I say standing up from my seat and walking over to him.

"Sound good?" I question, extending my hand out to him.

He nodded. "Whatever you say." He shook my hand. "I just want this money and Redz said you got the streets on lock."

"Redz was right." I winked walking back over to the couch.

"So we good?" Redz looked at me for an answer.

"Yeah we good." I shrugged. "Now, we celebrate you being officially free. I got just the lil treat for you."

Redz smiled a wide smile. "Oh shit. For me? What you got up your sleeve Erica?"

I scrolled through my contacts calling Coco. She answered on the second ring.

"Erica, hey boo wassup?" She spoke with genuine happiness in her voice to hear from me.

"Sup Coco...you and your sister wanna make some money?" I had a little idea cooking up in my head.

"Hell yeah! What you got for us?"

"Ima text you the address, my boy is having a little celebration and we need some dancers."

"Cool. We'll be there."

She hung up the phone and I looked back over at Redz. "I got some girls coming for you. Ima call Indy and Albee, so we can make this a little party."

I couldn't fuck Cam's new girl, oh but his cousin could and I'm sure that would hurt ten times worse.