When It All Falls Down- PT 1

Cyn:

I sat cozily in the restaurant booth sipping on my hot chocolate as Jojo scribbled on her kids menu beside me. Carmen sat across from us stirring her tea. I had finally agreed to talk to her in person after the whole window breaking incident at the salon. Honestly I just wasn't feeling her after that.

Not only did put a small strain on Erica & I's relationship but all this drama landed King in the hospital. I hated this because out of all of us, he was the innocent one in all of this.

"I'm sorry Cyn, I didn't know he would come up there and wild out like that. I damn sure didn't expect him to break the window and get you fired.  No matter what I think of that girl, I was wrong for going behind your back and telling my brother anything. You're my sister...you and Jojo are my family and I don't want to lose that."

Carmen explained her actions honestly so I had no choice but to accept her apology. No matter what we were family and I loved her. If she was woman enough to apologize, I was woman enough to forgive her.

Her brother on the other hand  was a worthless piece of shit.  I was still pissed at the way he treated me. Almost as if he truly didn't give two fucks about the possibility of his child not having a roof over her head. Like a beef with Erica trumped everything in his life. And here I was being stupid enough to protect him.

Unlike him I thought about my child and how growing up without a father could really affect her. So if keeping this to myself was what I had to do for now to keep him alive, I would do so. At least until I figured out how to tell her.

"Yeah, dead ass wrong. But I forgive you, like you said we're family...always and I love you."

Honestly Carmen was there with me throughout my entire pregnancy. Taking me to doctor's appointments, stepping up when her brother didn't, hell she was practically my baby daddy this whole time. I couldn't hold her to one mistake. One mistake didn't erase everything that she'd done for me over the years.

"But your brother on the other hand..." I covered my daughters ears.

"Can kiss my entire ass. Not only did he rob Erica's brother and land him in a coma but then he gets disrespectful with me when I'm the one covering for his ass!" I was getting pissed off all over again. I dropped my hands from Jojo' ears. She was in this new phase where she repeated everything she heard and I didn't need her repeating any of this.

Carmen sighed deeply. "My twin brother is the e-v-i-l twin. We know this...so maybe the best way to end it is for you to leave her alone Cyn. It's just not worth it, somebody could really get hurt C, you know he doesn't stop."

I rolled my eyes. "Nah, Erica is my girl Carmen. I'm not leaving her. I just have to find a way to be honest with her about what I know and convince her to cool it on Cam. She'll listen to me and reason with me."

Crazy how I was still protecting this man and he found every which way to shit on me. But if keeping him alive meant my daughter had her father in her life, I was going to do it. No matter how much I hated his stupid ass.

"Cynthia? Girl is that you."

I heard an all too familiar voice come from the booth behind me. I took a deep breath before turning to face the devil herself.