The Temple of Iron

David stared at Geneva as he held her in his hands, gently caressing the edges of her shell. He was sitting in the back of his father's ship; Geneva was still afraid of failing her new guardian. David could feel her slightly shake in his hands.

"Geneva, are you okay?" He asked her softly, his eyes wide with concern.

"N-no." She muttered.

"What's bothering you?" He asked her sitting on top of the bed that was close to them.

"I-I'm nervous, you're my first guardian, and you're the kid of the most influential people in all human history." She cooed. "I'm worried that I'm going to do something to screw up."

David pulled her close like a child would their favorite toy. "Don't worry; it'll all be okay." He said to her. Geneva started making sniffling noises. "Don't cry Geneva, please don't cry." He softly pleaded.

Cameron could hear their conversation, she started to get up out of her chair when they heard a buzz on the dashboard. "Incoming transmission from the Vanguard." Captain said to the pilots.

"Patch them through," James said to his companion. "Yeah Cayde?" James asked him.

"We have an issue, a big one, there was a colossal breach in a section of the Cosmodrome that just occurred today. I got orders from Lord Saladin, we need you to...." He said with his voice trailing off.

"Wait, Lord Saladin?" Ghost asked floating outward.

"Yeah, he's investigating this matter personally. He needs you two to head to the Iron Temple, he's afraid something bad may be on the horizon."

"Understood," Cameron replied.

"And, please, keep an eye on my nephew for me," Cayde said concernedly.

"He's not your nephew Cayde." Cameron giggled.

"Well, I'm close enough for him to be! So take care of whatever it is, Cayde signing off." He said with the comms deactivating. James looked back over to his son.

"Cameron, can you take over for a sec?" He asked her.

"Sure, what're you gonna do?" She asked him grabbing the controls at her chair.

"I need to teach him how to use his powers before we start," James said glancing at her over his shoulder. Cameron nodded in reply before facing back towards the center her grip tightened on the controls as she took the ship towards the coordinates to the Iron Temple. This was her son's first mission, she didn't want him to get hurt. Even if Geneva could bring him back if he'd died, she still didn't want that to happen.

James walked up to David who was gently rocking Geneva in his arms. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked sitting down on the bed next to his son.

"Yeah, I'm alright, Geneva's just nervous." He said stroking the edges on her sides. "What's going on?"

"We need to stop by the Iron Temple, something is going on down there, and we need to investigate," James said to him.

"Wait, Iron Temple? As in Iron Lords?" He asked with his eyes glowing brightly.

"That's right David, I need to teach you a little bit about how to use your skills."

"So you're going to teach me how to shoot lasers out of my hands?!" He questioned eagerly.

"No, not yet David."

"Awww." He sighed frustratedly.

"Don't worry, we'll get there eventually, for right now we need to just teach you the basics. So if you take a look at your belt, you'll see some spheres." James said pointing to his belts. "Now, I don't want you using them here, they'll just blow up in your face and mine and wreck the back."