Secret

Hi, here's a chapter. Sorry if it's horrible, I've been sick for a week. Anyways, here it is.

Enjoy loves!

What the hell was Finn's first thought.

There was no bang, but then there was no more yelling. No more shouts of protests or warnings or pointed threats. It was quiet, until Finn heard a thud, echoing in the now quiet tunnel and back into the room he stayed back in.

The thud was followed by a sigh and a deep inhale through the nose, while the last person remained quiet.

"Sorry, Gingerbread." Caleb's voice filled the silence. "I know how much you hate doing that."

"Yeah." Gaten chimed in.

Sadie ignored their comments, instead staring down at Millie's unconscious form.

"Come on." She said after a few moments of quiet. "Let's go."

With that, Sadie holstered her gun, stooping down to Millie.

"Gaten, go grab Noah." Sadie said sharply.

Gaten nodded, turning almost hesitantly and walking back down the tunnel to where Noah was attempting to get up.

"How long do you think it'll be until you realize that this will keep happening?" Gaten asked as he offered his hand out to Noah.

"Until I die." Noah grumbled, taking Gaten's hand. "I'm not gonna stop trying."

"Say that when we discover another concussion." Gaten frowned, pulling Noah up and putting his arm around his shoulder.

"You okay?" He asked as Noah stumbled.

"I'll be fine." Noah mumbled, continuing to time his steps with Gatens.

"If you say so." Gaten said with a sigh, almost at the end of the tunnel.

Finn watched as the two trudged into the room, Gaten looking at him with furrowed brows.

"I'm gonna go help the others with Millie, you take him and sit him down." Gaten nodded towards the tunnel.

"Ok-" Finn began, only to be cut off by an angry remark.

"No!" Noah hissed, glaring at Finn. "I'll sit myself down."

"Whatever you say." Gaten rolled his eyes and let go of Noah.

Noah turned one more sharp glare to Finn, before he proceeded to do a mix of stumbling and limping over to the table. He took a seat in the chair, keeping his suspicious gaze trained on Finn.

"Hit me while I'm weak and you won't make it out of the room alive." Noah said coldly.

"Yeah..." Finn began as he stared back. "I figured."

Noah huffed and laid his head down on the table, reaching out blindly for the handle of his knife.

Finn held back a chuckle as he watched Noah grasping around the table for the blade, which, unbeknownst to him, laid on the floor a good five feet away from him. Finn quietly crept over to where the knife was, kneeling down and gently picking it up. He grinned as Noah practically slammed his hand down on the table, refusing to look up.

Finn walked over to the table and quietly slid the blade onto the surface.

After a few seconds, Noah found the handle of the knife and pulled the weapon towards him. As soon as he held the blade in his hand, he looked up.

"In case you wanted protection from me when I could just take one of the guns off the wall and shoot you." Finn remarked sarcastically. "I'm sure your knife could save you from a bullet."