0.6

"Oh really?" Evan says, raising his eyebrows in pure sarcasm. I hear Katherine take a deep breath then sighs as she looks at Evan with boredom.

"Evan, please, forget this." Katherine tries to say before he interrupts her with a humourless chuckle.

"Forget that he left us, all alone may I say. Mom, I am never gonna forgive him. And you," he turns to me. "If you were really his friend you must've been part of this sick plan he has made. Just, go away and leave us to forget about this. Don't come back with this ugly and hideous scar on your neck or you are gonna give Kylie nightmares afterwards." He says, venom leaking from his eyes. Katherine gasps loudly and even Ace takes a sharp intake of breath. I simply just raise my eyebrows at him before nodding a bit. I simply got used to comments like this. Evan rolls his eyes before disappearing up the stairs. Traitor tears form in my eyes and I turn to Katherine.

"Oh, honey, I am-" I hold my hand up, cutting her off and waving to assure her it's okay.

"It's fine. Um, can I go, please?" I excuse myself politely. Katherine sighs at my teary eyes and nods before pulling me into a hug. I freeze for a bit before hugging her back tightly, for the first time in a while feeling loved or welcomed by at least someone. She pulls away smiling slightly before Kylie comes running at us.

"Bye, Ivy." She says. I smile softly at her as I feel Ace staring at her. I sit on my knees before hugging her tightly. After promising Katherine to come by one day for dinner I head out of the door and into Blake's car, Ace walking behind me. We get into the car and I immediately put on the radio as it softly plays songs in the uncomfortable silence. A tear falls from my eye as I remember what Evan told me. Ace sighs before moving his fingers in his hair.

"Look, Green, I am sorry about that. I never even wanted you to meet Evan because I know he would be mad at me." He says apologetically. I sigh and nod, making a left turn.

We reach my house and I hurriedly take the key out of the ignition and get out of the car once I see the kitchen's light open. Oh, God, mom is probably trying to cook. Again. Shit.

"Okay, I need to go. See you tomorrow, I guess." I say as I hurriedly get out of the car. The minute my hands get off the car door, Ace disappears. I frown when I see him get off the floor underneath the car. What the hell? I shrug before I hear him call my name.

"Wait, I am coming with you." He says, walking beside me. I turn to face him abruptly.

"Where do you think you're going? Hell no, you aren't coming with me." I say, crossing my arms over my chest. He glares at me and I feel my strong facade break.

"Either you are gonna let me in willingly or I am gonna wake you up while you're asleep with a scream." He says with a sickly smile. My mouth gapes before I sigh and nod. Hopefully, mom would be in a good mood today.

"Whatever will be said inside, don't talk about it." I say as I open the door. I hear another laugh coming from the TV and I sigh.

Again, Ever's videos.

I sigh as I start walking, hearing Ace following behind me. I take a deep breath before I enter the living room. Mom is sitting on the couch with a bottle of Jack Daniels' whiskey in her hand. She takes a gulp as I get into her horizon. She looks at me with hazy eyes before scowling.

"Aha, my bitch of a daughter returning after disappearing with no single excuse why. Get me some food, I an starving." She says before adjusting her gaze to the TV. I sigh before going to the kitchen and taking out the ingredients of a sandwich. My stomach turns as I smell the food. Not that it was rotten but eating or preparing food right now is the last thing on my mind. I quickly make her a turkey sandwich before walking to the living room again, Ace hot on my trail. I hand her the plate and wait till she takes a bite so she can excuse me. She gets up with a disgusted look on her face, setting the plate on the coffee table before cradling my face in her hands. She looks at me with tearful eyes, making hope surge through me.

Is she going to hug me? Does she finally think I am good enough to be her daughter?

Less than a second later her face turns into a scowl and she slaps me. Hard. So hard that I fall to the ground.

My mouth stays open as me eyes fill with tears. I look up at her in amazement as she keeps scowling at me.

"Get lost." She mutters before sitting back down and taking her sandwich. I scatter up from the floor before I rush up to my room, hearing Ace's footsteps behind me. I get into my room and sit on the bed, my hand ghosting over my cheek.

She actually hit me.

Ace gets in after me and sits on the bed as well. I sigh as I look up at him with a teary smile on my face. I sigh before getting up, going to my desk and taking my pajamas in my hand. I look at him weirdly as I wave my pajamas in my hand.

"Can you go out so I can change?" I say, stating the obvious.

"Go to a bathroom or whatever." He says, laying back on the bed.

"I don't wanna go out." I say in a quiet voice. "And this is my house, I can do whatever I want, so, go out." I say, placing both hands on my hips. He quirks up an eyebrow as he shrugs.

"Well I ain't going anywhere." He says. I sigh before raising an eyebrow up.

"Fine." I say. I turn around and with shaky hands I reach to the hen of my T-shirt and take it off, completely oblivious that he can see my back. I put on my pajama tee quickly. Now with the tricky part. I sigh as I pull down my jeans, trying to ignore that he can see the accident scar I got in the back of my left leg. I put on my pajama shorts quickly before placing my old clothes in the laundry basket I have in my room. I turn around as he looks at me with curious eyes. I wrap my hair up in a messy bun before heading over to the bed. I look at him as I cross my arms over my chest.

"Get up. I wanna sleep." I say, pulling the covers off the bed before I get in as I hear him scoff. "You aren't gonna get up, are you?"

"Nope."

I sigh. Again.

"Fine, fine, goodnight." I say. He hums in response and I roll my eyes.

This is gonna be a long journey.