3.2

A/N: should I continue this story? And honestly, this is my favourite chapter till now. Buckle up.

"So, what are we doing today, Liam?" I ask, lying down on his bed. Liam opens hid mouth to respond with the usual 'COD and pizza but his phone ringing cuts him off. He holds up his finger signalling he needs a second and I nod.

"Hey, mom." Liam says into the phone. I push myself up and lean on my elbows for support as I see him frown. "But, mom, I told you, I am with Ace today." He adds. I now sit up fully and look at him with a raised eyebrow. "Mom, please, can't I just skip today?" I hear a muffled shout from the phone as Liam sighs in frustration. "Fine, fine, I'll be there in 20 minutes." He says before ending the call and sighing. He turns to me and looks at me apologetically.

"Another meeting which requires you playing happy family?" I ask with a small smile. Liam shakes his head.

"Worse, dinner. And I have to wear something 'business casual' like mom said." He says, mockingly. I laugh a bit and get up. "You can join us, you know?" He adds with a tight smile. I know what that smile meant.

He doesn't want me to go home, alone.

I shake my head at him and wave my hand carelessly. "Dude, no, you know I am too stupid for this formal shit. You go, and I'll contact you after." I say dismissively. Liam nods grimly before pulling me into a hug.

"If you need anything, just text me." He says and I nod into his shoulder. I pat him on the back twice before letting go. I wobbly smile and leave the room, then the house.

The 10 minute walk passed as if it was 3 minutes, and I enter the house, seeing bottles upon bottles of different alcohol types. I take in a shaky breath, knowing that when he is shitfaced, he is the craziest and most brutal he can be.

Oh, did the rest have to be travelling to the next town over? I really didn't want to face him alone. All I wanted was to sleep, as I haven't slept for a whole day.

Oh, man up, Ace.

I sigh as I hear him groaning from the living room. Maybe I can make a run for it? Maybe if he caught me this time, I'll be able to fight him back? Maybe I won't be a coward and go to the police station, file a report against him, I have the scars to prove it.

Oh wait, I can't because Evan needs to go to college.

"So, someone decided to see how their poor old man is doing?" He says in a slurred way. I sigh as I turn to look at him.

"Hello to you too, Jason." I say. His expression turn stoic.

"What? Don't I deserve to be called father? Seeing that you are still alive. That is all because of me." He says.

"And I also could be dead, it will also be because of you." I mutter. Judging by his expression, he heard me.

"Oh, stop being such a püssy, I am going easy on you." I scowl at him.

"Yeah, of course, you want me to hit you back so you feel that I've become a man, and when I kick your sorry ass, you claim I am not a man because I hit you. What the fuck do you want me to do?" I say, raising my voice near the end. His expression turns rigid and he sneers at me before charging at me.

I really thought I had it in me this time, I'd fight back, I'd put him in his place. I'd stop him from bruising me anymore.

I couldn't. I stayed there as he stood in front of me and punched me in the face. The force of his punch sent me tumbling backwards and I lean against the wall. Jason laughs at my state as I scowl at him.