Party Time

The day of Homecoming had arrived. Not only were the current students invited, but so were their parents- what could possibly go wrong there? As Veronica asked: "are you worried at the prospect of our moms being in the same room?" To which Betty replied: "worried? I'd say terrified is nearer the mark".

At school Veronica went looking for Josie and, when she found her said: "I know you guys don't often do covers but I was wondering if you could make an exception in this case?" Josie asked: "first, what do you want us to sing? Second, why?" Veronica explained: "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship. Me and Betty listened to it on our first date".

Veronica didn't need to say any more, Josie agreed saying: "I know we both have a certain reputation but that is pretty cute. Anything for Riverdale High's power couple, especially as Betty is gonna be elected homecoming queen tonight". The only person who didn't seem to think this was a foregone conclusion was Betty herself.

At the start of the event there was going to be a parade of the school football team followed by a performance from the River Vixens accompanied by Josie and The Pussycats, before the dance later on. As the new captain of the Vixens, Veronica certainly felt under pressure.

As Principal Wetherby introduced them Betty could see Veronica looking nervous but gave her a reassuring look and mouthed 'we got this'. Veronica smiled back and the performance began. As expected the Vixens absolutely nailed it and the crowd cheered wildly.

In the locker room Cheryl approached Veronica and said: "I suppose you did an OK job". Veronica replied: "when I said I wanted you to stay on the squad I meant it, the Vixens are what they are because of you and whatever issues we may have I don't think it's fair for you to lose that completely".

Cheryl didn't seem to react much so Veronica just said 'I've extended the olive branch, the rest is up to you' as she got changed ready to spend the rest of the night with the girl she loves. The dance started with the election of the Homecoming King and Queen.

To the surprise of everyone, Wetherby announced: "the Homecoming King for 2017 is Kevin Keller". Kevin was genuinely shocked as he went up on stage, but that was where the surprises ended as Wetherby then announced: "the Homecoming Queen for 2017 is Betty Cooper".

As Betty when on stage to collect her crown, Veronica made a point of cheering as loudly as possible and when it became clear everyone was watching shouted: "I love you Betty". The blonde could only laugh at how vocal her girlfriend was being, especially knowing the entire school and their parents were watching.

As the girls were dancing together Josie and The Pussycats came on stage and Josie said: "so this first song we're going to do is a dedication to our very own Homecoming Queen from her girlfriend" and they began singing.

Betty said: "Veronica you did this?" to which the brunette replied: "I may have had a word". Betty added: "I really am so lucky" before the girls shared a kiss and danced to the same song that had been the background to the start of their relationship.

What the girls didn't know was they were being watched by Alice. When she approached them Betty said: "mom I don't wanna fight, not here of all places" to which Alice replied: "neither do I. You two make each other happy, I can see that now".

Betty couldn't believe what she was hearing. Alice admitted that she still wasn't completely used to it but she promised to make an effort, which was all Betty needed to hear. With that Betty agreed to come home, although she was staying with Veronica that night.

As they got home Veronica said: "I'm so glad you sorted things out with your mom". Betty smiled and replied: "yeah me too. The fact she's actually going to make an effort is a big step forward". Veronica admitted: "I don't expect her to like me, I just want things to be OK between you two".

The girls then wrapped their arms around each other and shared a passionate kiss. After their lips parted, Betty said: "I'm ready". Knowing exactly what she meant, Veronica asked: "are you sure?" to which Betty replied: "yeah I'm sure if you are".

Veronica smiled and said: "I'm definitely sure" and took Betty's hand before leading her to the bedroom. The night had come where they were ready to take their relationship to the next level. To both of them, the time felt right