Daddy Issues

Veronica had been left reeling from the visiting order sent by Hiram. In the past she'd always been a typical 'daddy's girl' but that was before she knew about what his business dealings were really like and how many people he had hurt. Since he had been locked up everything had changed, for better and worse.

Betty insisted she was going to go with her and although Veronica said she didn't have to, Betty said: "you were there for me when I needed you with Polly, now it's my turn to be there for you". Veronica was certainly grateful for the support as her usual confidence was failing her right now.

The girls arrived at the prison and Betty held Veronica's hand and said: "it's gonna be OK. He's your dad and he loves you". Veronica tried to force a smile as she squeezed Betty's hand for comfort before they went inside. Betty had to wait outside but as Veronica went into the waiting room, Betty said: "I love you" to which Veronica replied: "I love you too".

Then, for the first time in months Veronica came face to face with her dad. He said: "hello princess" and Veronica nervously said: "hey daddy". As they both sat down Hiram said: "so, how is life in Riverdale" to which Veronica replied: "oh you know, captain of the cheerleading squad, dating the homecoming queen, can't complain".

The last part was certainly news to Hiram and he looked visibly shocked. Veronica asked: "what mum didn't tell you?" Hiram replied: "no she didn't, so tell me about this girlfriend of yours then". Veronica added: "her name is Betty and she's amazing".

She continued: "being humiliated like we were was horrible and having to move was difficult, but if we hadn't moved to Riverdale I'd never have met Betty, so something very good came of it". Hiram replied: "you always did find a way of stepping in muck and coming out smelling of roses".

Veronica then decided she had to confront her dad with what she had found out about his business dealings. She said: "I know what you've been doing, how you've hurt people". When Hiram said: "I didn't see you complaining when you were living the high life" Veronica replied: "that was before I knew how you got your money".

After Veronica revealed she knew he'd hired the Southside Serpents to trash the drive-in, he said: "I saw a business opportunity and I took it". Veronica was shocked when she realised just how ruthless her dad is. She said: "dad you've hurt people, good people".

Hiram said: "I seem to remember not so long ago you would bully someone just because you could". Veronica replied: "yeah well I'm not that person any more. When you ruined our family and forced us to move I decided I didn't want to be a shallow toxic bitch any more".

Veronica then added: "I feel like you're not the man I thought you were. I've seen the real you and I don't like it" before abruptly leaving. As she went back into the entrance room she was visibly close to tears and Betty immediately pulled her into a hug and said: "let's get you home".

Veronica was pretty quiet on the way home and rather than simply drop the brunette off at home, Betty went in with her saying: "there's no way I'm leaving you when you're like this". When they got inside they immediately sat down and Veronica began to cry.

Betty said: "is their anything at all I can do?" to which Veronica simply replied: "hold me" and straight away Betty pulled her girlfriend into a hug and did as much as she could to try and reassure her. As much as it hurt right now, Veronica felt better knowing she had Betty by her side.

Once she'd calmed down Veronica said: "so, things still bad with your parents?" to which Betty replied: "to be honest I'm just waiting for the day my mom files for divorce. I haven't spoken to my dad since mom kicked him out".

The saying goes 'you can't choose your family' and at this point neither Betty or Veronica would've chosen there's. At least they were able to count on each other for support and they certainly needed it right now more than ever