Road Trip

It was the day Betty, Veronica and Kevin had been waiting for- they were getting out of Riverdale and heading on a road trip. Betty and Veronica had both been going through family dramas and they wanted to take Kevin with them as a thank you for all the support he'd given them.

They had decided they were going to head to New York, the first time Veronica was going back after she moved out. While she was nervous about facing the past she was looking forward to having a good time with her best friend and girlfriend.

When they arrived in New York they decided to head straight for the hotel to check in and get settled. They had booked two rooms and Kevin joked: "I hope the walls are thick, I don't wanna have to listen to you two doing it all night".

Once they'd unpacked they decided to head straight out. Betty put on a black dress and said: "how do I look?" Veronica stood their mesmerised and eventually said: "even more gorgeous than usual". Betty admired the red dress Veronica was wearing and said: "well you look incredible yourself" and gave her a kiss.

The girls then met up with Kevin before heading to a club. Veronica used her local knowledge to recommend a bar where they could head onto the rooftop. When they got up there the view was like nothing Betty or Kevin had seen before.

Betty said: "well this is very better than Riverdale". Veronica added: "stick with me girl" to which Betty replied: "well I fully intend to". While Kevin joked about playing the third wheel, he didn't really mind at all. It was him that got them together and he was happy to see his friends so happy.

The three of them stood on the balcony and took a group selfie, with Betty giving Veronica a kiss on the cheek as she took the pic. Afterwards they went back inside and headed straight for the dance floor, where they stayed for most of the rest of the night.

Inevitably Veronica ended up being recognised- a dark haired girl coming over to them and said: "well well Veronica Lodge. You came crawling back eventually then". Veronica replied: "can't say I missed your homophobic ass".

Concerned, Betty said: "everything OK?" to which Veronica replied: "this is the 'friend' I was telling you about. You know, the one who pretended to be my friend then ditched me when I came out to her". Betty glared at the other girl and said: "well I'm her girlfriend so I suggest you back off".

The other girl said: "what's the matter Veronica, lose your speech as well as your money". Veronica saw red and squared up to the other girl, saying: "I couldn't care less what anyone around here thinks about me. Leaving here was the best thing I ever did".

As the other girl left, Veronica noticed the concerned looks from Betty and Kevin and said: "I'm fine, I've got everything that matters right here" and gave Betty a kiss before the three of them headed back onto the dance floor.

When the club closed the trio headed back to their hotel room, although as Kevin had suspected, sleep wasn't what the girls had in mind. There was no way Veronica could resist Betty when she was dressed like that- and Betty could never resist Veronica full stop.

They spent the following day relaxing and shopping, certainly making the most of being able to do what they like, when they like. Once again Veronica's local knowledge came in useful as she knew all the best places- and managed to negotiate them some discounts.

It had certainly been a weekend to remember and exactly what they all needed. They all said none of them really wanted to go back but they knew they had to eventually. Whatever happened they would always have the memories of this weekend