Homecoming

Now that Betty and Veronica had finally got together, they could concentrate on bringing Polly home. It wasn't going to be easy, but having seen for herself where she had been staying, Betty had vowed she would do whatever it took to make sure her sister came back.

One problem was that Alice wanted Polly to give the baby up for adoption, which wasn't what Polly wanted. Veronica said: "I'll talk to my mom. When I explain the situation to her I'm sure she'll want to help". Betty smiled and replied: "thank you".

The girls decided the first thing they were going to do was go to visit Polly again. As they were on there way there Betty said: "at least this time I know what to expect when we get there. Thank you for this". Veronica replied: "I love you and I will do anything for you".

When they got there a lot of people were rushing around panicking. When Betty asked what was going on, one of the staff explained that Polly had escaped. Betty ran to Polly's room, closely followed by Veronica, and found the window open.

Veronica quickly pulled Betty into a hug and said: "everything is going to be OK, we're going to find Polly and bring her home". All they could do for now was go back home and start looking from there. Veronica had never seen Betty look so scared.

As they were on their way back Betty said: "this isn't the first time she's run away. She did it first time when we were little and she had a huge argument with my mum". Veronica sarcastically said: "I find that hard to believe" before asking: "so how far did she go?"

Betty immediately remembered, she hadn't actually gone that far at all. They went back to Betty's house and, noticing that Alice and Hal were out, they headed up to the loft where they found Polly hiding out. Betty hugged her sister and said: "I'm so relieved".

Veronica introduced herself and said: "Betty has told me a lot about you". Polly looked at Betty and said: "I can't stay in that place, but I can't come home, mom and dad want me to give the baby up for adoption and that's the last thing I want to do".

Betty replied: "we'll sort something out" when Veronica said: "I'll talk to my mum, I'm sure she'll want to help". Polly was nervous about letting anyone else know the situation but Betty reassured her, saying: "it's OK, Veronica is my girlfriend, you can trust her".

Veronica couldn't help but smile. It was the first time she had heard herself referred to as Betty's girlfriend and she absolutely loved it. Right now though she wanted to help Polly and give her a safe place to stay- very different to the 'old Veronica' from her days in New York.

Betty and Veronica temporarily left Polly, making her promise she wouldn't go anywhere, and headed to Veronica's hotel. Veronica explained the situation to her mum and Hermione said: "Polly is welcome to stay here as long as she needs to".

Later on, the three girls turned up at the hotel and Polly said: "thank you so much for this Mrs Lodge", who replied: "anything for Betty's sister- and please, its Hermione". During a moment alone, Polly said: "Betty, was I hearing things or did you say Veronica is your girlfriend?" Betty replied: "yeah. It's early days but I'm really happy. Oh and you're the only person who actually knows".

Betty felt so much better knowing that her sister was finally back in Riverdale. As her and Veronica were having a romantic moment she said: "I cannot thank you enough. You've been amazing and I don't think I could've done this without you".

Veronica placed her hands on Betty's cheeks and said: "I'd do anything for you, I love you" before giving the blonde a soft kiss. Betty was never a confident person, but with Veronica by her side she felt like she could do anything