Chapter 5

After that talk with Legolas things in prison were bleak. The elves took very chance to hit me through the bars with clubs. Elves are vain and cruel not nice and elegant. It must have dawned on Kili how much I lied and how evil I am by now because he won't look at me. It hurts but I deserve it I lied a lot. Thorin was taken upstairs awhile ago and hasn't returned. I carefully fingered my leaf burn on my cheek. Legolas is all that I have. Kili hates me. my step father, mom, and other half brother are all dead. My father is evil and has disowned me.

Before I even knew what was happening I was quietly sobbing in the corner of my cell. Shouts and dwarvish swears interrupted my tears and I looked up. Thorin was back he tuned down the deal from my father. "A deals as the only hope we had left" Balin sighed.

"Not our only hope" Thorin said. He was thinking of Bilbo. A few more hours passed and the dwarves were sick of this dungeon.

"Must be day now" Bofur wondered.

"We are never going to get to the mountain are we" Ori wailed.

"Not in here your not" Bilbo suddenly appeared and shook the keys.

"Bilbo" I gasped. Bilbo quickly unlocked all the cells. He was about to unlock mine when some one stopped him.

"Dont unlock hers" Thorin snapped.

"Why she is part of the company isn't she" Bilbo said.

"Not anymore" Thorin huffed.

"Go Bilbo ill buy you guys time and distract Thranduil" I said loudly enough for them all to here. Kili shot me a small thank you glance. Bilbo nodded and lead the dwarves down the stairs. A few minutes a guard walked by I grabbed his arm.

"Take me to the king" I demanded.

"Why should I" the guard snapped. I swallowed my pride.

"I wish to rejoin the kingdom" I managed to say. The guard unlocked my cell and dragged me up the steps. Legolas saw the guard and followed.

I'm staying here with you and.... Dad I said in Legolas's head.

The dwarves are escaping aren't they and your being a distraction Legolas guessed.

Yes but they all hate me now they banned me from the company but I need to help them escape I thought.

You care for the young brown haired one you love him your doing this for him yes? Legolas practically read my mind.

Yes I love him but he hates me now too but hey this way I can stay here with you maybe learn to like father and they will be free everybody wins I tried to put a positive spin on the situation. Everyone except you Legolas answered. I cut off the mind link and blinked back tears. Kili hates me ill probably never see him again.

"Ill take it from here go guard the front gate" Legolas demanded the guard. The guard quickly nodded and walked away.

"Its not that I don't want to stay here with you but-"

"you don't I can tell" Legolas cut me off.

"Its better this way they all hate me now and your all I have left" I admitted. Legolas barely nodded. A few short moments later I was in front of the king. A few minutes passed in awkward silence the the alarm horn went off. I relaxed the dwarves were probably long gone by now.

"Legolas go take care of it ill see to little Angela here" Thranduil demanded Legolas nodded and walks off leaving me.

"Father" I addressed.

"Angela you planned this didn't you" Thranduil accused.

"No I did not" I answered.

"They left you didn't they" Thranduil guessed. I barely nodded. "Poor child" Thranduil said I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or truthful.

"Can I stay here Ada" I said in a strangled whisper.

"Louder" Thranduil tsked.

"May I please stay here Ada" I looked up.

"Beg" Thranduil demanded.

I sighed "please please king Thranduil I beg you can I stay here" I pleaded.

"Yes you may" he answered. I nodded and held back tears. I was back where I started trapped here. Ill never be able to escape the Woodland kingdom will I?